Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have noticed that with this RSR drop when driving forward over a dip that the front "mud flaps" or shroud surrounding the front wheels slightly scraps the payment.
This also happens with the occasional taller speed bumps.
Just an FYI ....

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have noticed that with this RSR drop when driving forward over a dip that the front "mud flaps" or shroud surrounding the front wheels slightly scraps the payment.
This also happens with the occasional taller speed bumps.
Just an FYI ....
It sounds like you did get the rears in then? Was it a bear? Yeah those mud flaps do seem to hang down quite a bit, I've been wondering if they get deleted during a front splitter install since they appear to be mounted close to the front of the bumper.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No haven't done the rear yet, next week.
So I'm basing the above on just the front drop.
Maybe it will change after the rear is completed or get worse.
This is annoying never the less.
Not sure on the spoiler install you mention.

·
Registered
347 Posts
No haven't done the rear yet, next week.
So I'm basing the above on just the front drop.
Maybe it will change after the rear is completed or get worse.
This is annoying never the less.
Not sure on the spoiler install you mention.
Front splitter/lip like so: https://www.armoredesign.com/infinitiq60/infiniti-q60-1-7-armore-design-front-lip I'm wondering if those flaps would need to be removed anyhow during the install.

I would think that anything forward the front suspension should rise slightly when you drop the rear, yeah man I bet it will at least be mitigated a bit when the rears go on.

·
Registered
447 Posts
progressive springs tend to sag more compared to linear springs. for those who havented bought springs yet, i would wait for the swift springs. Swift said they should be getting the q60 rs awd springs in stock in about a month. They spent me a pic of the prototypes installed and it looks perfect.

Reactions: Morpheus

·
Registered
347 Posts
progressive springs tend to sag more compared to linear springs. for those who havented bought springs yet, i would wait for the swift springs. Swift said they should be getting the q60 rs awd springs in stock in about a month. They spent me a pic of the prototypes installed and it looks perfect.
I don't think he's dealing with sagging, the mud flaps across the entire front belly shroud are like 2" tall. Based on his pics, the drop looks really nice. It just sounds like at X drop they drag regardless of spring type no?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't think he's dealing with sagging, the mud flaps across the entire front belly shroud are like 2" tall. Based on his pics, the drop looks really nice. It just sounds like at X drop they drag regardless of spring type no?

other people who ordered the rsr down springs for the q60 have had issues where the springs starts to sag to super down levels after 6 months, especially the rear. Some people solved the issue by going with q50 rs down springs ,since the rear on the q50 is slightly longer and they later sag to what the q60 rs down springs are suppose to be on paper.

These RSR springs seem to be a hit or miss at least based on feedback from the fb groups. i've had bad exp with aftermarket progressive springs in the past, so i'm waiting for the swift springs since i want to keep my dds.

Reactions: staying_tuned

·
Registered
347 Posts
other people who ordered the rsr down springs for the q60 have had issues where the springs starts to sag to super down levels after 6 months, especially the rear. Some people solved the issue by going with q50 rs awd down springs ,since the rear on the q50 is slightly longer and they later sag to what the q60 rs awd down springs are suppose to be on paper.

These RSR springs seem to be a hit or miss at least based on feedback from the fb groups. i've had bad exp with aftermarket progressive springs in the past, so i'm waiting for the swift springs since i want to keep my dds.
Gotcha, yeah I had heard the same. Both he and I reached out to them directly and it sounds like its the other way around. The folks dealing with the sagging after time were the ones running Q50 springs on their Q60. The responses directly from RSR are in the 2nd page of this thread, maybe the first but yeah we both reached out to them but who knows. Time will tell. Good to know that swift will be releasing something soon for AWD. They have an entry on their SPEC-R page but it doesn't mention specs.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Gotcha, yeah I had heard the same. Both he and I reached out to them directly and it sounds like its the other way around. The folks dealing with the sagging after time were the ones running Q50 springs on their Q60. The responses directly from RSR are in the 2nd page of this thread, maybe the first but yeah we both reached out to them but who knows. Time will tell. Good to know that swift will be releasing something soon for AWD. They have an entry on their SPEC-R page but it doesn't mention specs.
i think the spec-r ones are suppose to be 10k front and 5k rear but its for rwd i believe.

the swift q50 awd rs springs they have are 8k front and 4k rear. I like those spring rates better compared to the rsr ones. i think the rsr ones are geared too much toward understeer. I asked for the spring rates for the prototypes but they never answered me back. i'm assuming it'll be similar to the q50 ones.

·
Registered
124 Posts
well it's too late for me to be waiting for the swift springs.
The guys at RSR have told me these will be perfect, we will have to see.
The fronts are done, tomorrow will be the challenge as attempting the rear spring drop.
There is a youtube video showing a dude that replaced the rear on a Q50, this info will also help as will the guy posting in an earlier post here as well
I will let others know how it all works out.
I've decided to go with a 15mm spacer ( not 10mm as I originally said on an earlier post) those will be installed as well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The fronts are done, tomorrow will be the challenge as attempting the rear spring drop.
There is a youtube video showing a dude that replaced the rear on a Q50, this info will also help as will the guy posting in an earlier post here as well
I've decided to go with a 15mm spacer ( not 10mm as I originally said on an earlier post) those will be installed as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYMuQ9EjnKU&t=918s

Looks like dropping the car is a pain in the butt. I wonder how much a shop will charge.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looks like dropping the car is a pain in the butt. I wonder how much a shop will charge.
I was quoted $800 by R/T Tuning for the spring install.

·
Registered
347 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYMuQ9EjnKU&t=918s
Nice! I can't wait to get this going man, I remember another member suggesting getting a pack of the interior plastic clips in advance to replace the ones that inevitably break along the way. I think a pack of 10 or 15 are $20 on amazon. Hey when you added the 15mm spacers, were you able to still get a good 6 or 7 rotations on the lugs?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I will post more info and photos tomorrow on the rear drop, it's done!
The 15 mm H&R spacers didn't work out.
The nuts they supplied were too large and would not sit flush beyond the spacer so when putting the wheel back on it would not sit flush.
I have contacted H&R to see what THEY can do as I'm not going to "hog out" the inner notches to accommodate the oversized nut, way too much work.
see photo

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
I will post more info and photos tomorrow on the rear drop, it's done!
The 15 mm H&R spacers didn't work out.
The nuts they supplied were too large and would not sit flush beyond the spacer so when putting the wheel back on it would not sit flush.
I have contacted H&R to see what THEY can do as I'm not going to "hog out" the inner notches to accommodate the oversized nut, way too much work.
see photo
Ahh gotcha, might be worth giving Z1 a ring. I would think if anyone had their spacers squared away for pushing out the OEM wheels specifically on our cars it would be them plus I think they might be cheaper. Yeah for sure they are cheaper, 2 pairs in 15mm look like it would be $64: https://www.z1motorsports.com/brake...c-wheel-spacers-25-10-15-and-20mm-p-3118.html

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ok people, rear drop completed last night.

The process took about 4 hours to complete with a highly qualified/skilled car audio technician that has years of experience with removing and reinstalling at the helm.

The worst part was getting at the strut assembly in the far left and right rear corners.
The dismantling and reassembly of the interior was a little more than half of the total Re and Re time.

One note, a few clips where very difficult to remove but I must commend "Colin" the guy in the photo, not one clip was broken as I bought from Amazon the Nissan panel clips that were recommended here in an earlier post.

I will post more photos of the final results soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
ok people, rear drop completed last night.

The process took about 4 hours to complete with a highly qualified/skilled car audio technician that has years of experience with removing and reinstalling at the helm.

The worst part was getting at the strut assembly in the far left and right rear corners.
The dismantling and reassembly of the interior was a little more than half of the total re and re time.

One note, a few clips where very difficult to remove but i must commend "colin" the guy in the photo, not one clip was broken as i bought from amazon the nissan panel clips that were recommended here in an earlier post.

nice!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey how's she riding?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ok people, rear drop completed last night.

The dismantling and reassembly of the interior was a little more than half of the total Re and Re time.

One note, a few clips where very difficult to remove but I must commend "Colin" the guy in the photo, not one clip was broken as I bought from Amazon the Nissan panel clips that were recommended here in an earlier post.

thanks for the photos

·
Registered
199 Posts
holly molly!!! if it took 4 hours for the rear.. I guess it will take about 6 hours for the total job.. I guess the total price for everything is about 2k (alignment, springs and installation)

21 - 40 of 67 Posts