Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My car is apparently at sea (nearing the end of its voyage) or in dock right now and the expected delivery date is March. I ordered it at the beginning of December. I got an irridium blue, Q60 RS400 fully loaded.

Few questions/comments:

1. For every good review there seems be 2 or 3 bad reviews. Common negatives include the DAS (which I didn't mind when I test drove it), and the touch screens (which again I didn't find hard to use). I just read a review that slammed the ride harshness and said it was jarring. Has that been anyone's experience? I test drove mostly on smooth and perhaps slightly irregular surfaces and it was fine. What have your experiences been with bumpier roads? I might eventually replace run flats with conventional tires but wont do that for awhile.

2. I have asked this before but worth asking again given that winter is almost over. How has the Q60 AWD with RUN FLATS handled in light to moderate snow?

D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven't had much snow here in Chicago this year so I'm not sure how it would handle. As far as rough ride when I got car from dealer pressure in tires was set to 44 psi, changed it to 37 psi and the ride isn't bad. Just got to avoid those BIG POTHOLES.

·
Registered
81 Posts
These car reviews are done without much familiarity with a vehicle.

We felt it was harsh on the drive home from the dealer. I wasn't concerned because I just assumed the tires were over-inflated. I checked the next morning when the tires were cold, and all 4 were at 45 psi on a very cold morning in an unheated garage. I deflated to 35 psi, and the change was like night and day.

It wouldn't surprise me if the review cars are the same. Most manufacturers ship vehicles with tires over-inflated to prevent flat-spotting. Almost every new car I can remember taking delivery of has been over-inflated coming home from the dealer because dealer car preppers just don't bother with that when readying a sold car for delivery.

The other factor is the drive mode setting. The std. drive mode setting provides a very comfortable, soft-ish touring ride with tires inflated to the pressures on the door pillar sticker. On Sport+ it is stiffer and sportier. So if a reviewer is driving a car in Sport+ on tires 10 psi over-inflated, yes it will be harsh.

I do not have DAS on our RS400, so can't comment, and we haven't had any snow to speak of this winter.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey everyone,

My car is apparently at sea (nearing the end of its voyage) or in dock right now and the expected delivery date is March. I ordered it at the beginning of December. I got an irridium blue, Q60 RS400 fully loaded.

Few questions/comments:

1. For every good review there seems be 2 or 3 bad reviews. Common negatives include the DAS (which I didn't mind when I test drove it), and the touch screens (which again I didn't find hard to use). I just read a review that slammed the ride harshness and said it was jarring. Has that been anyone's experience? I test drove mostly on smooth and perhaps slightly irregular surfaces and it was fine. What have your experiences been with bumpier roads? I might eventually replace run flats with conventional tires but wont do that for awhile.

2. I have asked this before but worth asking again given that winter is almost over. How has the Q60 AWD with RUN FLATS handled in light to moderate snow?

D
Congrats! I got the same call on Saturday. Sounds like our Q60s may be on the same ship together. Mine's fully loaded too but Hagane blue and not the RS. What's interesting to me is that I ordered mine towards the end of October.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey everyone,

D
I'm in a RS AWD with run flats. The ride is fine. It's a little bit rigid, like any sport suspension, but that's what you want. It feels way better than the softer Q50 suspension to me. I had a GTR before this, and the Q60 is a lot smoother than that.

Also, I think the touch screens are easy to use and look good. You just have to keep them clean. You can actually do a lot through the steering wheel or selector knob to prevent touching the screens, too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, brn_doc, I was to supposed to report on the handling in the snow. We are still waiting for some snow worthy of being called snow. Sorry. I also found the tires over-inflated somewhat after getting it home. However, it is a 'sport' after all so I would expect some firmness. The roads here are not the greatest so it can be a jarring ride sometimes. I had a 370Z Touring/Sport prior to the Q and this is a better ride than the Z. Don't expect to be put to sleep by the soft, cushion ride and you'll like it just fine. I think the RF's are making the ride harsher than it should be, but like you I will worry about that in the future with conventional replacements. Glad to hear the good news that your Q is making some progress toward the Midwest. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
My tires were also way over-inflated on delivery (my back right tire as even at 55 psi). Lower your psi to the recommended 35 psi and the ride quality is fine. The firmer suspension can get a little bouncy on rough roads with the suspension in sport mode, but the adaptive suspension does a good job of keeping it bearable. Overall I haven't noticed a huge difference in daily ride quality between by Q50 and Q60, but the suspension is definitely firmer around the corners in the Q60.

I have driven my Q60 Red Sport AWD with dunlop runflats in light snow/ice and it did just fine. I live at the top of a hill, so I had to drive up that too, and as long as you keep moving it does really well at keeping traction. It would be even better with winter tires, but the all seasons do just fine.

For what it's worth, I drove my Q50 AWD with the dunlop runflats all winter in heavy snow and it was a champ. I never once got stuck, and was able to get up the hill past many other stuck cars on multiple occasions. I can't imagine the Q60 will be much different in that regard.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If your dealer gave you a car with 45psi in the tires, you should let them know they messed up. They get paid by Infiniti to do a pre-delivery inspection. That includes setting the tire pressures. I'd question what else they overlooked in their PDI if they can't even set pressures. And if they charged you extra for "nitrogen" in the tires and they still delivered it over-pumped - you were doubly ripped off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts