Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s going on guys. I seem to be at a crossroads with what I’m waiting to do with my Q60. I currently have a 17 Q60 base. AMS tuned on 93, alpha heat exchanger. she made 413RWHP and 506RWTQ. The car is absolutely a blast to drive. But I have gotten used to the power already, and want more. So here’s what I’m thinking

Option 1- AMS intakes, full catted DP, and either the motordyne exhaust. Or the FI.
I was thinking motordyne b/c that way I can get 3 inch DPs and the 3inch version of the exhaust, with the mods. I’d get a retune on 93

option 2- full E85 tune, I would get the RA405, flex fuel kit, LPFP, and injectors, and it tuned at AMS. I don’t have to worry about E85 here. B/c that’s pretty much all we sell now.

I really only wanna spend money on one option. I can do both. But my wife would literally kill me if I did. What are your guys thoughts/opinions?

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts
Just drop an LT5 crate engine in it and call it a day

·
Registered
6 Posts
What’s going on guys. I seem to be at a crossroads with what I’m waiting to do with my Q60. I currently have a 17 Q60 base. AMS tuned on 93, alpha heat exchanger. she made 413RWHP and 506RWTQ. The car is absolutely a blast to drive. But I have gotten used to the power already, and want more. So here’s what I’m thinking

Option 1- AMS intakes, full catted DP, and either the motordyne exhaust. Or the FI.
I was thinking motordyne b/c that way I can get 3 inch DPs and the 3inch version of the exhaust, with the mods. I’d get a retune on 93

option 2- full E85 tune, I would get the RA405, flex fuel kit, LPFP, and injectors, and it tuned at AMS. I don’t have to worry about E85 here. B/c that’s pretty much all we sell now.

I really only wanna spend money on one option. I can do both. But my wife would literally kill me if I did. What are your guys thoughts/opinions?
option 3
Spool FX-150 (same flow as RA405 but $900 cheaper)
DeatschWerks 19S-00-1700-6 - 1700 cc (more flow than AMS but $800 cheaper)
AMS LPFP
Spool FF Kit + inline filter (spools is $100 cheaper plus has filter)
now with the $1600+ saved
Get LDP and FI exhaust.

Should get you pretty near 500whp/530ftlbs

Spool is good quality, it’s not cheaper because cheap products, it’s appropriately priced. AMS is just overpriced.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Start with option 1 to get the exhaust free flowing as that will be the bottleneck to gain the best potential of option 2. You can go with option 2 down the road when the wife won't murder you. Oh and add some BOVs.

That's just what I would do in this situation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts