Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With some guidance from youtube and @Bevo Horn I ordered the Sport Exhaust.

I was torn because I wanted a little more sound but didn't want to sound like a bumble bee driving through my neighborhood. :)

I went back and forth between the Sport B0100Q60ST and the B0100Q60S2.

My local dealer would have to order it and they had it for 599.00

This dealer in Texas had it for 511.00 and 35$ to ship :) B0100-Q60ST - INFINITI Sport Exhaust Kit. Motorsport, Engine, Components | CLEAR LAKE INFINITI, HOUSTON TX

Install looks pretty straight forward.

I will post pics and a video when I get it.

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
With some guidance from youtube and @Bevo Horn I ordered the Sport Exhaust.

I was torn because I wanted a little more sound but didn't want to sound like a bumble bee driving through my neighborhood. :)

I went back and forth between the Sport B0100Q60ST and the B0100Q60S2.

My local dealer would have to order it and they had it for 599.00

This dealer in Texas had it for 511.00 and 35$ to ship :) B0100-Q60ST - INFINITI Sport Exhaust Kit. Motorsport, Engine, Components | CLEAR LAKE INFINITI, HOUSTON TX

Install looks pretty straight forward.

I will post pics and a video when I get it.
Don't forget to torque the tips to spec

·
Registered
2 Posts
Should have got the 2 with the resonators. That exhaust is AMAZING. Just got mine installed. Gives me tears of joy when the RPMs get high.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was considering that one bit everything I heard said it was barely louder than the stock. I suppose if this is too loud I can always sell it and get the other 😜

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
Should have got the 2 with the resonators. That exhaust is AMAZING. Just got mine installed. Gives me tears of joy when the RPMs get high.
The Infiniti Helmholtz?

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
Yeah. It has that bellow that you'd expect from a 37 or 370z. The one without the resonators is louder but higher pitched. This one has bass in it's growls.
I just have straight pipes. The first 25 seconds of a cold start is loud AF and vibrates the walls and ceiling of my garage.

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its seriously that loud? What about while driving is it annoying also?

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
Its seriously that loud? What about while driving is it annoying also?
So I have it on my RS. During the first 25 seconds of a cold start it's loud AF. Cruising at highway speeds you cannot hear the exhaust over the road noise. If you regularly drive in a lot of stop and go traffic I could see where it might be annoying because it's most noticeable when applying throttle when stopped.

It's not obnoxious like those kids in their Mustangs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want it as loud as this **** trackhawk I hear all **** night😂😂

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I have it on my RS. During the first 25 seconds of a cold start it's loud AF. Cruising at highway speeds you cannot hear the exhaust over the road noise. If you regularly drive in a lot of stop and go traffic I could see where it might be annoying because it's most noticeable when applying throttle when stopped.

It's not obnoxious like those kids in their Mustangs.
I have it on mine as well, Bevo is spot on. I haven't noticed it being as loud on cold start now that the weather is warmer, plus it pales in comparison to all of the truck exhausts down here in Louisiana. I'm a huge fan of it but I'll likely jump to a FI CBE at some point. A lot of my gearhead buddies all like the sound though, they say it sounds more "stock" than most other aftermarket exhaust setups.

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
I have it on mine as well, Bevo is spot on. I haven't noticed it being as loud on cold start now that the weather is warmer, plus it pales in comparison to all of the truck exhausts down here in Louisiana.
My cold starts are always the same no matter the ambient temperature. It's fairly warm in Houston.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have it on mine as well, Bevo is spot on. I haven't noticed it being as loud on cold start now that the weather is warmer, plus it pales in comparison to all of the truck exhausts down here in Louisiana. I'm a huge fan of it but I'll likely jump to a FI CBE at some point. A lot of my gearhead buddies all like the sound though, they say it sounds more "stock" than most other aftermarket exhaust setups.
What part of Louisiana? Im in Shreveport.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, fast forward to today. I have now installed the Helmholtz and boxed up the Sport again to try and sell it. I think the Helmholtz is the perfect in between for me. Not super loud but not as quiet as the stock. Sounds great at idle, quiet when you need it to be, but sounds great when you get on it.

Who want the sport now? :)

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
Ok, fast forward to today. I have now installed the Helmholtz and boxed up the Sport again to try and sell it. I think the Helmholtz is the perfect in between for me. Not super loud but not as quiet as the stock. Sounds great at idle, quiet when you need it to be, but sounds great when you get on it.

Who want the sport now? :)

Might be hard to sell using the phrase "too loud for my taste".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts