Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first Q60 in 2014 in the IPL version, Malbec Black with red interior, my fully loaded Sunstone Red w/ red interior 2017 will be here this week, should be ready to pick up Wednesday or Thursday. Is it here yet?

FYI to the admins here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
That's REALLY annoying, this is a pretty low bandwidth forum here with 1000 members and about 4500 total posts so taken on average nobody on the forum can see signature links or images. Obviously some can but I'd bet 90% of your members can't which seems kinda silly to me. Being spammed it because one of your more senior members has like 10 links and images in their signature isn't exactly a great new user experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bought my first Q60 in 2014 in the IPL version, Malbec Black with red interior, my fully loaded Sunstone Red w/ red interior 2017 will be here this week, should be ready to pick up Wednesday or Thursday. Is it here yet?

FYI to the admins here:

That's REALLY annoying, this is a pretty low bandwidth forum here with 1000 members and about 4500 total posts so taken on average nobody on the forum can see signature links or images. Obviously some can but I'd bet 90% of your members can't which seems kinda silly to me. Being spammed it because one of your more senior members has like 10 links and images in their signature isn't exactly a great new user experience.
Always liked the Malbec. Did you check out the Midnight Black when you were ordering your Q60?

·
Registered
308 Posts
YES ! God how I love the Malbec Black. Especially when it's perfectly clean and polished. So gorgeous..

Wished they had Malbec Black for the 2017 Q60. But congratulations on pulling the trigger, must be stoked ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No dealerships around had a midnight black to see in person but nearest I could tell it was just black, I liked the fact that malbec black isn't black, it's super deep purple. I'd have people roll down their windows at stop lights to ask me if the car actually came that way or if it was a custom paint job. Was really disappointing that they nixed malbec on the 2017 and I like to go with a striking color so I thought the sunstone red would be the closest thing to a spiritual successor of malbec.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No dealerships around had a midnight black to see in person but nearest I could tell it was just black, I liked the fact that malbec black isn't black, it's super deep purple. I'd have people roll down their windows at stop lights to ask me if the car actually came that way or if it was a custom paint job. Was really disappointing that they nixed malbec on the 2017 and I like to go with a striking color so I thought the sunstone red would be the closest thing to a spiritual successor of malbec.
The Midnight is actually pretty interesting. Where the Obsidian is just a gloss black, the Midnight is loaded with metal flake. It gives it some of the color change effect that the Malbec has, but where that is more of a pearl paint, this is metallic. Lots of silvers and blues. It has some grey tones in some lights, and almost a brown in others. It's definitely different. After several Obsidian Infiniti's, I went with it. I pick it up on Friday, and will certainly post some pics.

·
Registered
500 Posts
What do you guys think about this gold that's being offered in a special package?
I sort of like it and think Infiniti might need to start offering more new colors to the brand

·
Registered
591 Posts
More colors, yes, but not necessarily that overwhelming gold shade. Dragon's Malbec Black with red interior looks a lot better IMO and not as pretentious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts