Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So talk to me about adding paddle shifters. Is that a possible thing to do in a non-sport?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I saw a facebook post about this on one of the pages. Someone said their signature edition wasn't pre-wired.

It was possible on my 2010 g37x, non-sport. Just pulled off the steering column cover to verify it was pre-wired then ordered the sport steering column cover and the paddles.

That would be my recommendation, check to see if you are prewired. If its anything like my g37x. It'll be wires taped below the steering column with tape, not connected to anything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is something that'd be interesting to find out. Aren't they steering wheel mounted rather than on the steering column?

I think that would mean this issue isn't being pre-wired, but, possible a clock spring and necessary parts for the steering wheel would be needed.

If it is a possibility, it would most certainly be more involved than the old G37's and Q50's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Okay, may or may not help. So, we will see.

According the catalog, it is interesting that the steering switches are only available as an assembly with the steering wheel itself. I'm sure that may change should there ever be a quality issue with steering wheel switches functioning or in their finish. But, the paddles are available separately. Part number is 25549-6AV0A. This is first thing to figure out and it's done. Screenshot attached.

But, the next questions would prove more useful:

-Where's the trim to accommodate for paddle shifters? Could find that in the catalog.
-Where do this paddle shifters hook up? Is it the clockspring or are the connectors on the dash harness? I think so. But, as you can see from the second screenshot, can't really determine much. That's the image used for all applicable dash harnesses.

My thoughts is this may very well be a pipe-dream killed off early. To put paddle shifters on will take quite a bit of very expensive trial and error.

From using past experience, to get the trim around the paddle shifters, if a separate part designation isn't shown in the catalog, that means you have to get a steering wheel as it comes with it.

For the connectors, if they are a part of the clock spring, which clock spring would be able to work? There's 4 options without a VIN. A VIN would help narrow it down, but, still no guarantee.

Then, if all was hooked up, will it work? The older cars being setup from the factory to allow for paddle shifters was a sweet and easy upgrade. This one is definitely more involved.

Forgive me if I ramble and don't make much sense. It's early, I'm in a rush, and typing as I think progressively.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
This was done on a Q50...not sure if that means we could use it, it is aftermarket. Check out the video.

https://youtu.be/o_PD9l5pKo4
This is a vid for column-mounted shifters. Different setup.

Anyone managed to add paddle shifters on q60?
@JoeRoke and I did try to see if we could figure it out to no avail. Not saying it's impossible, just an expensive trial and error with OEM parts. His and my trial-and-error came with an aftermarket steering wheel sent to him that incidentally included the paddle shifters.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am sure there will be some aftermarket companies selling various sets/kits soon. I have the RS, but some bigger carbon fiber paddles would be dope lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
if any one can find something to work on q60
i guess its same as q50
and i sow people on youtube adding paddles and works perfectly on there q50

·
Registered
31 Posts

please advise me before i order
1- it’s different from the stock RS paddles that it attached-to the steering
2- i tried to change the car it doesn’t fit any car only the q602016+

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
please advise me before i order
1- it’s different from the stock RS paddles that it attached-to the steering
2- i tried to change the car it doesn’t fit any car only the q602016+
It may be the OEM paddle shifter. Check with @di_parts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you adding paddle shifters because you're dissatisfied with the manual shift mode? I didn't even know you could add those after the fact, though I suppose it makes sense if the wiring is already there. Not sure it'd be worth if it required replacing/changing the steering wheel/column.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am thinking someone should make a conversion kit to put paddle-shifters fixed on the steering column.
A lot of people prefer it that way (me included)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, S owner here. Don't waste your money. The paddle shifters are horrible with this tranny.I used them once. Slow as crap. Use the floor shifter.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts