Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
It's very doable, but if your car isn't already equipped with paddles, it's going to be an expensive process. I think I priced it at or over $800. Not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, S owner here. Don't waste your money. The paddle shifters are horrible with this tranny.I used them once. Slow as crap. Use the floor shifter.
I also found when pressing the paddle shifters the transmission would shift super slow. Are you saying that if you were to use the stick shifter for manual shifts, the transmission shifts will be quicker?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The floor shifter seems to be a bit better, but that could be just me. In my opinion this car needs a DCS or a manual badly. The current transmission does not fit the performance of the car. Should have driven it longer before I bought it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I use my paddle shifters every time I drive. I have tested multiple different ways and notice no difference in response time between the paddle shifters and shift lever.

The transmission is a little slow, but saying the car needs a manual transmission is just silly, considering it still shifts 10x faster than I ever could manually. I agree about DCT though.

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just to add a tid bit that may or may not be helpful. I had someone with a newer Q50 sedan successfully install the column-mounted paddle shifters in their that wasn't prewired. It is doable there and he didn't necessarily spend a fortune. Given how the mechanical aspects of his 3.0TT low is considerably similar to the Q60 3.0TT low, there is hope for a feasible column mounted install rather than the wheel-mounted one, which I haven't found anyone that has done it successfully yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
Reactions: kahboom

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use my paddle shifters every time I drive. I have tested multiple different ways and notice no difference in response time between the paddle shifters and shift lever.

The transmission is a little slow, but saying the car needs a manual transmission is just silly, considering it still shifts 10x faster than I ever could manually. I agree about DCT though.
I guess I'm a silly guy. :) I knew I was buying a gentlemen's express and not a race car, but this tranny just drives me crazy. Wife's Lincoln is is better in this regard.
So yes, if they came out with a stick I would trade mine in today. The car is supremely comfortable and was the best compromise performance/comfort I could find. And don't get me start on the DAS.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any new info?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am not sure we have a consensus yet; I have seen reports of both non-Sports being wired and not being wired. Even if the wiring exists, you need an entirely new steering wheel to get the cutouts for the paddles (be extra careful with the clockspring -- those buggers love to pop out and fall apart).

·
Registered
14 Posts
So it’s not just a plug and play. Why does z1 sell them saying it will be equipped for any sports package... I wonder if 2017 premium would be able to get these added in somehow

·
Super Moderator
2,798 Posts
So it’s not just a plug and play. Why does z1 sell them saying it will be equipped for any sports package... I wonder if 2017 premium would be able to get these added in somehow
I'd ask Z1

21 - 38 of 38 Posts