Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cellphone holders are you using and why is it a good option. I had a vent clipped Belkin that isn’t doing so well and wanted to see what other options as placements y’all have found... especially for hitting those G’s in tight or fast turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just set my phone in the cup holder. :shrug:

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti q60 3.0t AWD premium
54 Posts
I too am interested. Setting my phone in the cup holder is only viable when it doesn't fly out and go under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That vent clip doesn't scratch up your air vents?
No. The clips have rubber or foam grippy pads on them. I have a Pixel 3, which is not the lightest phone, and it has never once fallen off the mount or out of the vent. You have to stick a circle metal sticker on the back of your phone or inside/on the back of your case, but it's not intrusive.

I also like that it is small and relatively minimalist for a phone mount.

·
Registered
549 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Best option by far in my opinion is a ProClip! Had it in my old G as well and its the cleanest and most functional option out there.

https://www.proclipusa.com/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And, it's made in 'merica!
I never mind a higher price for great ****! You'll spend the same if not more eventually getting to the better products. I do love American made, support for American working class and union workers all around.

My problem is that it's too low and when "gettin' it" I don't want to look away that low. Also, I really don't want to take away one of my cup holders.

·
Registered
549 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went with F1oyd’s suggestion for the Penom Magnetic vent holder. It really grabs the vent well and I don’t think it’s going to loosen anytime soon. The magnetic disk is millimeters thin so I’m able to place it in between the phone and the leather case I have from Apple. Comes with two disc, on metallic and the other black Incase you have to put in the outside of your case. Also, mich smaller that I thought, so it doesn’t distract from our sleek interiors, which is hugely importante!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am told that magnetic holders can mess with GPS....?
Very interesting. Time to call and find out where that update is at that will allow us to have CarPlay. Other than that, I’m not too worried, because I actually like using the cars guidance system and run Waze for cops.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went with F1oyd’s suggestion for the Penom Magnetic vent holder. It really grabs the vent well and I don’t think it’s going to loosen anytime soon. The magnetic disk is millimeters thin so I’m able to place it in between the phone and the leather case I have from Apple. Comes with two disc, on metallic and the other black Incase you have to put in the outside of your case. Also, mich smaller that I thought, so it doesn’t distract from our sleek interiors, which is hugely importante!
UPDATE: Phone has flown off the magnet on a violent turn at higher speeds. The metal disc you have to attach interferes with my wireless charger at home, so I may be in the hunt again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts