Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waxing the car for the first time this weekend i noticed a plastic wing in front of both rear wheels that is bolted to the underside of the car but hangs our in front of the wheel and is free to move.Does any one have any idea what these are for? thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Supposed to help with aerodynamics. There's a pair ahead of the front tires as well. Also, the lower grille closes when there's not a demand for more engine cooling.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Is this even anything we'll notice with regular street driving and highway driving??

It almost seems more like something cosmetic than anything functional.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Probably on the highway, I doubt any sort of aero really helps for street driving. Either way, it's doing no harm being there and they're not really significant so it doesn't matter too much.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I thought I hurt mine since it felt lose after brushing a curb. Had the dealer check it out and they said it was fine and it did its job protecting the car.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Is this even anything we'll notice with regular street driving and highway driving??

It almost seems more like something cosmetic than anything functional.
This vehicle is equipped with air deflectors
in front of the wheels. The deflectors
will change the air flow to help improve
aerodynamic performance.

When transporting your vehicle on a trailer,
the air deflectors may interfere with a
steep slope to a trailer bed. In this case,
remove the deflectors from the vehicle.
1. Loosen four screws as shown and
remove the air deflector *A .
2. Tighten the removed screw *B in its
original position.

Owner's manual P. 10-15
Along with the automatic closing grille, the air deflectors will help with fuel economy at highway speeds.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I confess that I hit a curb and tore a dime sized hole in the right front deflector and scuffed up the rubber. Luckily, there was no damage to the actual car panels.I patched the hole with some silicone sealer and sprayed it black with a couple of coats of plastidip. Good as new. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts