Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Possible reasons for dealership voiding warranty for CBE, LDPs

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  IridiumRS400 
#1 ·
I recently asked my dealer about how LDPs and CBE would void my warranty and he said it's because those mods could affect the back pressure in a negative way but it doesnt make sense. These mods seem safe but does anyone know reasons of why the dealership would logically void the warranty if something were to happen to the engine? I only really see these mods as helping the engine.

#2 ·
My advice - find another dealer, and one that is "mod friendly".

CBE definitely does not affect the warranty.

One could argue the removal of the secondary cats via replacement with LDPs could be considered "a violation" due to its effect on emissions (abet, during cold start only).

FWIW, my dealership has worked on my Q, and has full knowledge of most of my FBOs, including the FI Catted DPs & Resonated CBE.

#4 ·
My advice - find another dealer, and one that is "mod friendly".

CBE definitely does not affect the warranty.

One could argue the removal of the secondary cats via replacement with LDPs could be considered "a violation" due to its effect on emissions (abet, during cold start only).

FWIW, my dealership has worked on my Q, and has full knowledge of most of my FBOs, including the FI Catted DPs & Resonated CBE.
I hope to find one of those dealers in the chicago area. I think I'll stick with CBE and HE for now.

#3 ·
When I had my engine replaced under warranty, my local dealer discovered evidence that I had done work to the exhaust, so they asked for documentation. I showed them the invoice for my Fast Intentions CBE (mind you, I took the car back to stock before bringing it into the dealer), and they still fixed it. I think the LDP/DP conversation might be a little big harder to win, but it's all dealer-dependent.

#7 ·
Clarendon Hills is decent too. Stay away from both Motor Werks locations.

#8 ·
Some Infiniti dealerships are "friendlier" than others with regard to modifications.

There should be no reason why a cat-back would be grounds for voiding your warranty. Especially because the dealership would have to prove that the part you added to the car caused your problem in order to deny a warranty claim.

As for lower downpipes, they remove emissions devices and the dealership may have their own policies about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.