Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new Q60 Red Sport AWD. Color to be picked in 2 weeks when I can see them in the sun in Florida at a big dealership (silver or Pearl white) Not sure if any of you read the new article in Road and Track on the Q60, but in the article the author claims Infiniti say there is a sport exhaust option coming. Any body else hear about this? Would this be done in the factory?

2008 White G37S

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I just ordered a new Q60 Red Sport AWD. Color to be picked in 2 weeks when I can see them in the sun in Florida at a big dealership (silver or Pearl white) Not sure if any of you read the new article in Road and Track on the Q60, but in the article the author claims Infiniti say there is a sport exhaust option coming. Any body else hear about this? Would this be done in the factory?

2008 White G37S
Service manager at my dealership said NISMO is coming out with high performance intake and exhaust parts.

Reactions: Morpheus

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Service manager at my dealership said NISMO is coming out with high performance intake and exhaust parts.
To add to what Bevo Horn says, i think both options would be dealer installed options meaning you could purchase through an Infiniti approved dealer and have any dealer or other party install. Obviously, install at an actual dealer would cost more but there's probably more peace of mind if something goes wrong should your usual dealer install either on the car.

Btw, Bevo Horn, thanks for the letting us know about both the intake and exhaust. I'd personally be interested in both options depending on the cost of the parts and whether Infiniti adds too much markup so I'm really hoping your dealership in on the money. Nothing like a properly set up CAI system and a CBE or even an axleback to improve the driving experience (aural experience at least).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Heard the same thing from my dealer. Anyone get a time frame on these being available?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have had my Q60 RS on order since October 4th and still not here. I think they are having trouble with the Q60 RS dedicated Colors maybe? Anyone hear why the Red colored Red Sport is not here? I will ask my dealer about the sport exhaust option.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I have had my Q60 RS on order since October 4th and still not here. I think they are having trouble with the Q60 RS dedicated Colors maybe? Anyone hear why the Red colored Red Sport is not here? I will ask my dealer about the sport exhaust option.
Given that you ordered it in October, you will probably get your build date soon if you haven't already. I had heard the lines were shut down temporarily after the most recent earthquake and that there are some scheduling delays due to backorders on the cf pcs from the carbon package.

Some of it also depends on scheduling of builds on the lines. The more expensive Red Sports (& fully loaded ones especially) don't generate as much margin as the 2.0T and 3.0T mid-range versions and as such don't always get preferred line scheduling treatment. I'd say wait a little longer and if you don't hear anything by January, call up Infiniti customer care and give them your order number. They may be able to escalate somewhat so the line schedulers and planners are aware of your wait and can better fit you in sooner.

BTW, I'm also waiting although I've got at least another 2 months of wait left I think. :crying:

53 Posts
Fingers crossed for Nissan pulling through on these suspected options.

Z1 took development actions as soon as the Q60 arrived. After months of development and extensive dyno testing on the Z1 Q60 3.0t Premium Sport Coupe and Q50 3.0t Red Sport Sedan, Z1 introduce the Z1 Motorsports 3.0" Expansion Downpipes for VR30DDTT equipped Infiniti Q50/Q60 models. These downpipes are the single most effective performance upgrade available for a Twin Turbo VR 2016+ Q50 or 2017+ Q60. Installing these downpipes will produce an additional 50-60+ RWHP on 3.0t Premium (300 HP) models and 25-35+ RWHP on Red Sport (400 HP) models with no additional modifications and no tune required, although a catback exhaust system is recommended to reach full potential.

You can find more info Here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Omenx, It could still be a while. For whatever reason the Sunstone Red versions are the last to show up. I ordered a red one on August 15 and it was delivered on December 12th. It was built in October and took 2 months to make it from Japan to the Midwest. It is worth the wait I think. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts