Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, not sure if this is in the correct category but here goes. I recently got my 17’ Q60 AWD RS400 and i needed to replace a lower control arm because it was snapped in half. couple problems later and i ended up swapping the subframe cross member. I got it back on and when i started putting control arms on, i can only get two on. When i get to the third one it doesn’t reach far enough to slide a bolt in. i’ve tried multiple combinations of what control arms i out on first but it always ends up the same. First two on no problem, the third one is impossible. i’ll leave a picture below to get an idea. any help on this would be appreciated because i am out of ideas.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Liquid Automotive design

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hi everyone, not sure if this is in the correct category but here goes. I recently got my 17’ Q60 AWD RS400 and i needed to replace a lower control arm because it was snapped in half. couple problems later and i ended up swapping the subframe cross member. I got it back on and when i started putting control arms on, i can only get two on. When i get to the third one it doesn’t reach far enough to slide a bolt in. i’ve tried multiple combinations of what control arms i out on first but it always ends up the same. First two on no problem, the third one is impossible. i’ll leave a picture below to get an idea. any help on this would be appreciated because i am out of ideas.
Only one picture (middle one) came through.

I dare ask - how did you snap a control arm in-half? Pothole? Side-swipe a curb?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it’s a car that i bought as a fixer up off auction. the story is someone drove into him while he was on the side of the road. hit the rotor and snapped the control arm. i ended up replacing subframe cuz it was bent. Now putting on new control arms and i can’t get all three on. i only uploaded one photo because there’s nothing much to show. every other control arm is connected and it’s just this one that can’t reach its slot.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
it’s a car that i bought as a fixer up off auction. the story is someone drove into him while he was on the side of the road. hit the rotor and snapped the control arm. i ended up replacing subframe cuz it was bent. Now putting on new control arms and i can’t get all three on. i only uploaded one photo because there’s nothing much to show. every other control arm is connected and it’s just this one that can’t reach its slot.
On the rear, the control arms for toe and camber have concentric bolts. The traction arm does not.

Something is not right, may be bent. The non-OEM solution is adjustable arms for toe, camber, and or traction:

INFINITI Q60 Titanium Rear Toe Arm Set. Motorsport, Chassis - 551B0-RTAV7-INFI | INFINITI, Nashua NH

INFINITI Q60 Titanium Rear Lower/Camber Link Set. Motorsport, Chassis - 551A0-RLLV7-INFI | INFINITI, Nashua NH

I have these on my Q when I lowered it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts