Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some non-red infinity rims on ebay and am using 3mm spacers to install them on my 2015 Q60 Red Sport. I cannot get rid of vibration at around 75MPH and my tire guy tells me the hub isn't long enough and the 3mm won't allow the rim to sit properly. I find this hard to believe, has anyone else had any experience with this? I'm using 3mm universal spacers.

Thanks for any info...and yes I have searched extensively before posting.

·
Super Moderator
2,105 Posts
There was no 2015 Q60 Red Sport. First Q60 RS MY was 2017. Are you referring to the 2015 Q60 sport of IPL versions? Those were different cars from the latest Q60s so it's possible the rims don't fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was no 2015 Q60 Red Sport. First Q60 RS MY was 2017. Are you referring to the 2015 Q60 sport of IPL versions? Those were different cars from the latest Q60s so it's possible the rims don't fit.
Its the Q60 sport, but has the larger calipers like the RED sport, my bad. It requires different rims on the front due to the calipers, but are there any other differences that could make this a problem?

Thanks for the help and clarification.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Do the wheels fit w/o the spacers? The center bore is 66.1 mm. If you install aftermarket wheels, they can be 70 mm, 72 mm, etc., and you'll need to install hub-centric rings (plastic or metal) to not allow the potential for vibration.

For example, if your aftermarket wheels are 70 mm center bore, then you'll need these rings:

Hub Rings / Spigot Rings for Wheels from USA $6.25 / pcs - HubCentric-Rings.com

Reactions: JonnyB

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,218 Posts
Reactions: NINaudio

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do the wheels fit w/o the spacers? The center bore is 66.1 mm. If you install aftermarket wheels, they can be 70 mm, 72 mm, etc., and you'll need to install hub-centric rings (plastic or metal) to not allow the potential for vibration.

For example, if your aftermarket wheels are 70 mm center bore, then you'll need these rings:

View attachment 23928

Hub Rings / Spigot Rings for Wheels from USA $6.25 / pcs - HubCentric-Rings.com
They are Infinity rims (see picture). As far as I know all recent infinity rims are 66.1mm bore, so don't think that is the problem.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Go big, or go home... 3 mm spacing isn't going to change the look, unless your objective is to clear bigger brakes.

To ensure you have enough clamping length with the wheel lugs, and if you really want to run spacers, I would recommend these spacers that bolt to the hub:

CNC Aluminum Bolt-On Wheel Spacers (20mm, 25mm, & 30mm) - Z1 Motorsports - Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader In 300ZX 350Z 370Z G35 G37 Q50 Q60

The 20mm spacer should suffice for both look, function, and safety.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased some non-red infinity rims on ebay and am using 3mm spacers to install them on my 2015 Q60 Red Sport. I cannot get rid of vibration at around 75MPH and my tire guy tells me the hub isn't long enough and the 3mm won't allow the rim to sit properly. I find this hard to believe, has anyone else had any experience with this? I'm using 3mm universal spacers.

Thanks for any info...and yes I have searched extensively before posting.
I manage TireMaxx Car Care in Reno NV and I come across this problem all the time, the most common problem will that the spacers you are using aren’t the correct ones, if your going to invest in spacers get hub centric spacers so the rim sits in thr spaces as it would on the OEM hub, now if that isn’t thr problem check your suspension, and if that still isn’t the problem then it’s the balancing or the tires itself. I hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I manage TireMaxx Car Care in Reno NV and I come across this problem all the time, the most common problem will that the spacers you are using aren’t the correct ones, if your going to invest in spacers get hub centric spacers so the rim sits in thr spaces as it would on the OEM hub, now if that isn’t thr problem check your suspension, and if that still isn’t the problem then it’s the balancing or the tires itself. I hope this was helpful.
Thanks for the reply! Do you have any experience in using 3mm spacers that are to use the original hub for centering? To get spacers that include a hub extension I have to move to like 10mm spacers, which I really don't want to do.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts