Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you may know this already but Infiniti has discontinued the Mitsuba wiper blade refills that we used to be able to purchase. I think owners are now being pushed in the direction of purchasing maintenance advantage wiper blades instead which last months vs the OEM ones that last years (& which are made by Mitsuba).

@di_parts Sid and I got to talking about this a couple weeks back when I was looking to get the refills. Sid mentioned that Honda had some direct replacement Mitsuba refills that might work but we were unsure which p/ns to purchase.

That said, here are the part numbers if you want to get a wiper refill instead of going with a replacement wiper. These are cheaper and since they are silicone like the OEM wiper blades, they should last years (mine lasted almost 2yrs and were still 90% good except for a small patch that was irritating to me).

Driver side is Honda#76622-STK-A02 (aka Mitsuba MOB2-S2-105 650mm)
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFDG118/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Passenger side is Honda#76632-SWA-J02 (aka Mitsuba MOB2-S2-085 425mm)
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFDFL1Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought them last week and switched them in yesterday. Had to use them today and they are perfect. The swap took me 5-10mins while sitting on the sofa and watching Netflix. This was the first time I've ever had to do something like this (usually, I just replace the wiper blades which is literally a 2min process) and I found it fairly straightforward.

A DIY write-up I found that might be helpful - https://q50tech.blogspot.com/2016/03/changing-wiper-blades-inserts-in-q50.html

·
Registered
472 Posts
@testrage, thanks so much for sharing this!!!

Just a quick note to add, many vehicles can potentially use these as many models have a 16" and 26" wiper blade, such as the older G37 coupes and convertibles (not sedans as the passenger side was a 16", but, the notches were in different spots), the Q50's, and the JX35/QX60.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just went with silicone blades, lasts longer than rubber ones.

I also wax my wndows which makes the rain bead up and helps the silicone wipers work flawlessly.

Not a fan of blades that last 6 months before skipping or streaking.

PIAA and Rain-X have silicone blades.

·
Super Moderator
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just went with silicone blades, lasts longer than rubber ones.

I also wax my wndows which makes the rain bead up and helps the silicone wipers work flawlessly.

Not a fan of blades that last 6 months before skipping or streaking.

PIAA and Rain-X have silicone blades.
The Mitsuba refills I link to above are silicone refills that fit our factory wipers. :)

I prefer using refills because it keeps the stock wiper arms which I feel contour better to our windshield as opposed to aftermarket ones I've used in the past. I feel they also look more elegant than aftermarket options not that I wouldn't use aftermarket options myself if the refills were expensive and didn't last a long time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Mitsuba refills I link to above are silicone refills that fit our factory wipers. :)

I prefer using refills because it keeps the stock wiper arms which I feel contour better to our windshield as opposed to aftermarket ones I've used in the past. I feel they also look more elegant than aftermarket options not that I wouldn't use aftermarket options myself if the refills were expensive and didn't last a long time.
Can you share a picture of your stock wipers? I bought a used Q60 and don't know if I have OEM or after market. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you share a picture of your stock wipers? I bought a used Q60 and don't know if I have OEM or after market. Thank you!
@DAV4COOL My Q60 is home right now but they should look like the wiper blades in this vid

I wish the had silicone refills for OEM !
@DiamondQ60 They used to but discontinued them (not sure why). Thankfully we have alternatives and good silicone ones too. I'm still using the wiper refills I purchased in November 2018 and there's no sign I'm going to need to change them anytime soon. But when I do, I already have back-ups :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are the original wipers made by Michelin? I ordered the Honda refil silicon blades but I think the 1st owner of my car had changed the wipers.

Is it still possible to buy the original wipers?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ended up buying online from one of many local dealers in Chicagoland.

In case anyone needs it, below are the part numbers.

Driver Side: 28890-4GF0B ($ 29.08)
Passenger Side: 28890-4GF1A ($ 19.65)

Total out the door + S/H is $ 63.43

I'll save the Honda refills for future use.

Q60 FTW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts