Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I get it... the Q60 is a design masterpiece, but ****! it's just a normal car... lol. I knew I would get some attention but I was not expecting this much attention.

Below are some examples of the compliments that I've received... feel free to post your awkward situations.

- Numerous thumbs up from folks in Mercedes, BMW's etc.
- I am allllways stopped and asked questions at gas stations
- Random guy at Chipotle stops me: "Hey is that your Infiniti? That thing is beautiful... wow! My friend has a Lexus RC but wow that Infiniti is just gorgeous."
- Guy nearly wrecks his car at intersection staring at my car as I turned
- Guy in previous gen Q60 drives up behind me... then drives to the side of me and at a stop sign makes me roll down my window so he can say "Wow that is an amazing looking car"
- Grocery parking lot... this happened three times. Someone saw me parked... with no shame (seeing me inside of the car) drove to the front of my car, stared for a few seconds... drove to the back, stared, drove to the side... then drove off. Really? lol
- Drove past some teenagers on a hill... they all stopped, one yelled out "DAAAMNNNN THAT GOES HAAAARD"... whatever that means. lmao
- Scary one: I think someone tried to follow me home... creeped me out a bit.

And these are only a few examples.... sheesh

Mind you all..... I live in an area that has a fairly decent amount of nice cars (Maserati's, Teslas, a Bentley here and there etc) so it's not like these folks just aren't used to seeing nice cars.

Anyway, tell me your stories!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
My bikes are all jelly :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
These are unique cars. Ive been waiting for this car (RS400) to hit showrooms since last September when my salesguy said it would. It didnt come until late October so I waited until tail end of winter to get one. I have not seen 1 around my area until I bought mine. Definitely turns heads.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I try to scowl as much as possible so that people don't talk to me. But I certainly get my fair share of people staring or trying to race me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nobody has said a single thing to me - not that I'm expecting it but I was surprised since you don't see many around here yet. I do catch people staring at the S3.0t badge at the lights but that's most likely because it's a ton of jumbled characters that won't mean anything to most people

·
Registered
72 Posts
The First Two Days

The first two days that I had my Iridium Blue Q60 Red Sport.

1). A guy in a Nissan GTR pulled up beside me and wanted to race. He rev'd it and launched the car. It sounded glorious! However, the Q60 actually looks far sportier (IMHO) and modern of the two vehicles. I would not have stood a chance against him, but I was very surprised that he even made the effort. Sibling rivalry?

2). I stopped to get an ice scraper at a auto parts store. Someone with a Camaro was driving around my car in the parking lot and was looking it over. He looked very surprised to see me getting in it. I guess I didn't fit the image of who he thought the car should belong to.

3). Numerous Lexus, MB, and BMW cars watching the Q60 at stop lights and intersections. When you make a turn, those heads turn with you to look the Q60 over at a different angle.

4). Several Infiniti G37 owners riding up close to the Q60 to get a better look at the car. I could almost hear them saying to themselves, "Is that an Infiniti"?

I have never gotten so many looks at a vehicle in my life... in just two days (It should also be mentioned that I was driving in the town of Hinsdale; one of the most wealthy suburbs of Chicago and where Porsche 911s are pretty commonplace).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
1). A guy in a Nissan GTR pulled up beside me and wanted to race. He rev'd it and launched the car. It sounded glorious! However, the Q60 actually looks far sportier (IMHO) and modern of the two vehicles. I would not have stood a chance against him, but I was very surprised that he even made the effort. Sibling rivalry?
I totally agree. Sitting side by side, the Q60 looks like a futuristic spaceship. It has all the right lines and curves. The GTR has the whole gundam/robot thing including looks down. It's the car you pull out of the garage when you want to tear through town and leave destruction in your wake. The Q60 looks like the tux you wear during a special occasion....a tux that has been tailored to fit and allow you plenty of freedom to move....it's Sean Connery as James Bond while the GTR is Daniel Craig as James Bond.

I like Daniel Craig as JB but Sean Connery is still #1 for me :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had an older gentlemen in a GTR race me as well. I wonder how many GTR drivers actually know that the Q60 has the new VR engine in it.

Also: he smoked me, but it made me feel good that he gave me the time of day, let alone initiated it. I'm sure every mitsubishi and honda with a spoiler bolted on revs their engine at him when he drives, and it probably gets old.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think especially because the Q60 looks very unique and demands attention, especially from the rear end. I saw one the other day... literally the only one I've seen in my area, and I was like dayum... and it takes quite a bit to catch my attention. I need to high tail it to the dealership and see what I can work out so I can bask in this attention before it's over!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had a Challenger R/T (who runs the same route to work as I do) play a couple of times. The first time I was late on the throttle and he got the jump. Second time, we were already rolling and I was mid-way through 2nd. When the pedal hit the floor, I caught it right in the power-band in 1st and when I finally lifted, the Challenger was about 1 car behind. He stopped playing after that. :-/

Picking up a couple of DIY bits for the house, I overheard, "**** - that is one sleek looking car!" when leaving the Lowes parking lot.

I drive through downtown Denver a lot and have, on multiple occasions, seen people stop to watch the car pass by. One in particular cracked me up - she pulled the 80's B-movie "lower the sunglasses in amazement and watch the car drive by" maneuver. lol

I am anxious to see if the chrome delete/grill/fender vent/rear diffuser in Matte Red will improve or detract from the looks. The vinyl arrives Monday and I will be laying it down over the coming weeks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I left a friend drive my Q60 RS who has a 2014 Audi S5 and he was blown away...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've had a Challenger R/T (who runs the same route to work as I do) play a couple of times. The first time I was late on the throttle and he got the jump. Second time, we were already rolling and I was mid-way through 2nd. When the pedal hit the floor, I caught it right in the power-band in 1st and when I finally lifted, the Challenger was about 1 car behind. He stopped playing after that. :-/

Picking up a couple of DIY bits for the house, I overheard, "**** - that is one sleek looking car!" when leaving the Lowes parking lot.

I drive through downtown Denver a lot and have, on multiple occasions, seen people stop to watch the car pass by. One in particular cracked me up - she pulled the 80's B-movie "lower the sunglasses in amazement and watch the car drive by" maneuver. lol

I am anxious to see if the chrome delete/grill/fender vent/rear diffuser in Matte Red will improve or detract from the looks. The vinyl arrives Monday and I will be laying it down over the coming weeks.
Matte red accents/trim would definitely be a bold move but could look really good. I'm real interested to see pictures of that when you're done!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One in particular cracked me up - she pulled the 80's B-movie "lower the sunglasses in amazement and watch the car drive by" maneuver. lol
Omg I laughed out loud at this... I could picture the lady in my head.. and in the background there would be the "Oh yeah" song... or "Bomchickawahah" as the lady is staring. lmao :D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I was on I-69 near Greenway Plaza in Houston at 4:30AM (dark) with the cruise set at 65mph. I'm in the number 5 lane and I slowly overtake a Mercedes sedan that's in the number 1 lane. As I start to pull ahead I notice the Mercedes is now keeping pace with me. I glance over and two cute blonde girls (driver and passenger) are staring in my direction apparently trying to figure out what the heck I'm driving. After about 30 seconds of this I floor it to give them a little ear candy and then take my exit which was less than a mile from that point. The end.

>:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Two stories:

Random dude in an suv pulls up next to me and tells me how awesome my car looks.

I’m in the left lane first car at stoplight. There is a merge left down to one lane 200 yards ahead. Light turns green, I give it about 1/4 throttle and move about 50 yards when I notice A guy in a G37 with at least some custom exhaust who came out of nowhere to try and pass me in right lane before the merge. Uh, no. I floor it and hold him off. For the next two miles, I’m watching him talk to his girlfriend/wife about my car, including using his hands to describe the shape of the rear of our cars. I could tell he loved the car. I let him pass with no challenge at some point so he could feel manly. Lol.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had one of the very first G35 Coupes and the feeling I get now with my Q60 RS is very similar. I also realized something this weekend. My better half and me had to drive to the tip of Long Island NY from DC, second time in a month and again I never saw a Q60.

Tonight on the way back I realized **** I wasn't gonna take my Q60 Baby on the Jersey Turnpike and through the crazed NY City Belt Pkwy and LIE etc, **** no! So why did I expect to see another Q60? I would need a bumper buddy at a minimum!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great thread. I've had several conversations about the Q60 at the gas pump. But the best two compliments I've had were these.

First. I stopped to pick up some sushi for the wife. Since I had already ordered, I just had to run in, pay, and pick up my food so I left the car running. I come back out it 2 minutes and a little older lady felt the need to apologize for parking next to my car. She said, "Hi, I'm sorry I parked next to you car, it's just so clean and too pretty, but there were no other spots". I simply thanked her and got a little laugh out of that one.

Second time. I knew I had picked the right car, when this older black gentlemen strolled by me in the grocery store parking lot and said (and I quote), "**** young blood, I see that spaceship that you driving". When a 60+ year old black man calls your car a spaceship, you know you have "arrived".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same! I have had mine about 7 days and it's incredible how many people check it out. I used to drive a take home Police Car.... so I am used to getting eyeballed but this is totally different :) I parked at the BMV the other day and as I was walking up a guy standing in line was nodding his head yes :) When I got in line behind him he goes that is beautiful :)

I have also been challenged several times, first time as I was driving it an hour back to my state from Kentucky. It was a Honda sedan of some sort that I just let pass me as I was on cruise and enjoying the ride. Second was a big truck on a back road...in front of me, revving and accelerating the whole time....I just maintained my speed and he eventually made a fool of himself turning onto another street and almost flooring it into the wrong lane as he turned. Shortly after this, I was at a light and an older Maxima pulls up next to me at a light. I accelerate normally and I hear his after market exhaust which causes me to floor it....dusted him and let off, he pulls up next to me smiling and laughing. :)

It is a fun car and I am happy with my purchase so far :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts