Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after letting the new springs settle a bit with 200 miles driven on them I just couldn't stand not seeing what the alignment looked like so I took it in for a check. As I was expecting all kinds of red on the report , I was actually pleasantly surprised at what went down on paper. While the fronts' SAI and IA were interesting with their 1.2* and 1.3* difference (I'm betting on it's due to me not getting perfect strut top alignment at reassembly), what really made me thrilled was the back was all in spec, albeit at the limits.

A big reason why I wanted to post this was that prior to going up on the rack my mechanic came out and told me that Infiniti doesn't allow them to actually adjust the 2017 Q60's if they get a drop of 1.5" or more and I would have to get all the adjustable arms to allow them to adjust it. I thought that a bit odd to stipulate that Infiniti doesn't allow them to adjust their alignments due to a drop, but I knew traditionally the G's and Q's have zero front adjust range and nearly none in the back. So I explained to him that I don't think it's a solid 1.5" drop front and back and really just wanted him to run the check.

So basically if you were thinking of dropping your new Q60 more then 1.5", you're going to need the control arms to bring it into spec if you care about tire wear. I just felt like this is report show a good example of how a clean drop plays on the alignment. And just so it's clear the ride is straight and true, no pull or discernible steering symptoms.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a picture of the after alignment sheet?
As I said above, they really couldn't do an alignment on it as there is absolutely NO adjustment in the front and VERY LITTLE in the rear.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh sorry misread. So the only thing that couldnt be put into factort spec was basically the front camber? Its not even off by that much so its not even an issue im guessing

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, only the front camber is out of spec, but not enough for any major concern on my part.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I dropped with the same springs and my toe was pretty far off. It ate the inside of my summer tires pretty good. Even with a slight drop I would recommend getting aligned no matter what.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dropped with the same springs and my toe was pretty far off. It ate the inside of my summer tires pretty good. Even with a slight drop I would recommend getting aligned no matter what.
Since posting this tread, I've replaced all the suspension control arms up front and in the rear, so my spec sheet is flawless :D:D:D

That sucks that it ate your summer tires, why didn't you address the toe spec before it ate your tires?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I thought with such a minimal drop it would not be affected much. Just stupid thinking on my part. I needed new tires for next season anyway so it didnt matter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts