Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2017 Q60 3.0T Premium with 51k miles about 2 days ago. Only after about 2-3 hours after owning the car, my drive belt snapped and I was leaking coolant. I had the car towed back to the dealership and they replaced my belt, tensioner pulley and topped off my coolant.

I was reading that this is a common issue with these cars, and it appears that people are replacing their engine and trans at about +65k miles. Is this something I should be expecting?

Also I am new to the Q60 forum and the car itself. Any tips, help, lessons learned from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Almost like needing a teacher haha. Looking forward to learning as much as I can about this car.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
If they replaced the tensioner pulley, it may have seized-up, which caused the belt to snap. Early 2017s have a TSB for mis-alignment of the A/C pulley, which causes the belt to chafe and eventually let-go. I've had my Q60 since new (October 2016), and the only warranty item I had was the inner window seal on both driver's and passenger's windows rubbing on the glass, and leaving a smug. Otherwise, stick to 5k mile oil & filter changes, and let the engine warm-up to temp before getting in the boost, as well as stay out of the boost before turning off the engine off (prevents heat soak of the turbos).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I blew out a belt in my 2017 Q60 and I pay 3k as it covered under warranty and I was within mileage of warranty. I wonder if I could get that money back somehow. I also did have an engine replacement at 80k something miles with a newer used engine. I would recommend buying Z1 Oil pan as it adds more oil to your car and gives you a complete oil change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts