Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting this thread before I take the q60 in to the dealer so we can document what may be an interesting story. The car is modified and tuned and is now blowing James Bond style no one can follow me locomotive choo choo train smoke, and its baaaaaad. I just returned the tune to stock, Not going to try and hide anything, but looking forward to what the dealer finds. 4700 miles on the car and very little spirited driving. hear and there hard pulls and 3 dyno runs. Ill keep this updated. hopefully get some video of the smoke during the day.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm starting this thread before I take the q60 in to the dealer so we can document what may be an interesting story. The car is modified and tuned and is now blowing James Bond style no one can follow me locomotive choo choo train smoke, and its baaaaaad. I just returned the tune to stock, Not going to try and hide anything, but looking forward to what the dealer finds. 4700 miles on the car and very little spirited driving. hear and there hard pulls and 3 dyno runs. Ill keep this updated. hopefully get some video of the smoke during the day.
I think were in the same boat, i am also going to be going back to stock (tune) and bringing the car into the dealer.. i have also been blowing smoke.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Which tune and tuner are you guys/girls using for your Q60?
If this forum software can do polls, someone should start one (doesn't look like I can) and sticky it in turbos and tuning.

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts
If this forum software can do polls, someone should start one (doesn't look like I can) and sticky it in turbos and tuning.
Polls can be started. Scroll down when you make a new post.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have seen over like 30 people with q50/q60 ranging from 2017-2019 all saying the same thing.. blown turbos/ blown turbo seals/ blown head gasket/ oil getting into the turbos and smoking like crazy.. ITs been coming up alot in the facebook groups.. some guys full bolt on and tuned, some completley stock, some just running lower downpipes and tune so i dont know whats going on.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update, Dealer asked if I have had the installer look at the issue. I am the installer but my response was the mods are all bolt on and this appears to be turbo related. The advisor said it was up to infiniti to cover the issue. My response was I want to know what is wrong and if its not covered. Not covered then its upgrade time, if its covered then great.

EDIT: the full downpipes are Z1, ehhaust cat baclk is fast intentions. everything else including tune is AMS

·
Registered
295 Posts
Update, Dealer asked if I have had the installer look at the issue. I am the installer but my response was the mods are all bolt on and this appears to be turbo related. The advisor said it was up to infiniti to cover the issue. My response was I want to know what is wrong and if its not covered. Not covered then its upgrade time, if its covered then great.

EDIT: the full downpipes are Z1, ehhaust cat baclk is fast intentions. everything else including tune is AMS
Did they give you an idea of how long it would take to find out if its covered/ and did they mention its been an issue with other cars?

I have seen so many people with this issue in the past month, including myself.

·
Registered
447 Posts
are you eating through a lot of coolant? from the vid it looks like white smoke so could be head gasket or leak in the coolant port lines.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are you eating through a lot of coolant? from the vid it looks like white smoke so could be head gasket or leak in the coolant port lines.

its oil

·
Registered
39 Posts
If it smells like fuel, you probably have a stuck fuel injector. Good luck. Infiniti has a TSB for that concern.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it smells like fuel, you probably have a stuck fuel injector. Good luck. Infiniti has a TSB for that concern.
Its oil

·
Registered
549 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im just curious to know if they will take care of you with the warranty knowing about the bolt ons
The service advisor said he will put it through as a warranty, if there is an issue that is uncommon Infiniti may flag it, and want to investigate. At that point we may have an issue. I have not been given any updates since Saturday, still waiting.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts