Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Guangzhou Motor Show Infiniti dropped the Q50 with a CLA powerplant. A side effect of their growing partnership, the M270 Turbocharged 4 from the CLA is now being shared with Infiniti. M270 is also expected in Q60, Q30 and QX30...

so there you go 210 HP Turbo 4... I imagine a little tune could make the next gen Q60 a real weapon ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting indeed. the Q60 is not exactly a light car by any means 3,633 lbs which is actually heavier than the CLAs curb weight of 3262...

meaning the base Q60 could see an ugly P/W ratio of 17.3 lbs/HP....

·
Registered
228 Posts
interesting indeed. the Q60 is not exactly a light car by any means 3,633 lbs which is actually heavier than the CLAs curb weight of 3262...

meaning the base Q60 could see an ugly P/W ratio of 17.3 lbs/HP....
it's not the best but good for a vehicle in this segment.
next generation model will need to be lighter to be more fuel efficient and to please everyone on both sides.
but how much lighter? i don't know. Maybe low 3000 LBS range would be good?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's not the best but good for a vehicle in this segment.
next generation model will need to be lighter to be more fuel efficient and to please everyone on both sides.
but how much lighter? i don't know. Maybe low 3000 LBS range would be good?
agreed, but if they go light enough it may make the VQV6 superfluous. we could see Q60 with 2 different turbo engines TBH

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is the Q30 going to be more up market than the CLA though? The CLA has a pretty good engine, but its interior takes some short cuts. I hope that the Q30 doesn't compromise as much on these things even though it is sharing a platform and engine with the CLA.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.