Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Guangzhou Motor Show Infiniti dropped the Q50 with a CLA powerplant. A side effect of their growing partnership, the M270 Turbocharged 4 from the CLA is now being shared with Infiniti. M270 is also expected in Q60, Q30 and QX30...

so there you go 210 HP Turbo 4... I imagine a little tune could make the next gen Q60 a real weapon ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Very interesting... I don't think I'd be getting it but I can see some who want the coupe styling but don't care for the V6.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting indeed. the Q60 is not exactly a light car by any means 3,633 lbs which is actually heavier than the CLAs curb weight of 3262...

meaning the base Q60 could see an ugly P/W ratio of 17.3 lbs/HP....

·
Registered
228 Posts
interesting indeed. the Q60 is not exactly a light car by any means 3,633 lbs which is actually heavier than the CLAs curb weight of 3262...

meaning the base Q60 could see an ugly P/W ratio of 17.3 lbs/HP....
it's not the best but good for a vehicle in this segment.
next generation model will need to be lighter to be more fuel efficient and to please everyone on both sides.
but how much lighter? i don't know. Maybe low 3000 LBS range would be good?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's not the best but good for a vehicle in this segment.
next generation model will need to be lighter to be more fuel efficient and to please everyone on both sides.
but how much lighter? i don't know. Maybe low 3000 LBS range would be good?
agreed, but if they go light enough it may make the VQV6 superfluous. we could see Q60 with 2 different turbo engines TBH

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you make these G37s and 370zs lighter they are rockets

I've seen alot of people buy older 350z to gut them out and strip them down to lightweight barbones cars and they fly!

·
Registered
364 Posts
some other interesting stuff dropped at this show lol. google guangzhou auto show "Ye Zixue"

crazy auto shows

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is the Q30 going to be more up market than the CLA though? The CLA has a pretty good engine, but its interior takes some short cuts. I hope that the Q30 doesn't compromise as much on these things even though it is sharing a platform and engine with the CLA.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't think the CLA will be upmarket, the CLA is an entry-level mercedes with crappy build quality unless you get the 45AMG. True Mercedes buyers and enthusiasts wouldn't even get one, if they do, it's a beater.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no its true, but high end infinitis are not held to the same standards as high level mercedes meaning the chasm between low and high is much less for infiniti than it is for CLA

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so who do you think "won" the platform collaboration.

Was it mercedes and their attempt to become cheaper or was it infiniti and thier attempt to expand their product portfolio?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts