Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

What color combination should I get??

• Exterior: Silver / Interior: Black

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Exterior: Maj White (off-white) / Interior: Stone (cream)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!

What color combination should I get?? Here are my choices since I don't want to wait any longer:

1. exterior: Liquid Platinum (Silver)
interior: Black

2. exterior: Majestic White (off-white)
interior: Stone (creamish)

I've noticed that many folks don't like standard silver... why not? I originally wanted silver and red but I'm not getting a red sport so I can't get the red interior.... then I wanted silver and stone but that combination is very limited right now. My dealer has the two listed above so I may go ahead and just pull the trigger at this point. I wanted a lighter interior... I've had many black interiors already but I'm not 100 percent opposed to it... and I like the liquid platinum.

Anyway, I'm adding a poll. What are your thoughts?? Help! :confused: lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Help!!

What color combination should I get?? Here are my choices since I don't want to wait any longer:

I've noticed that many folks don't like standard silver... why not? I originally wanted silver and red but I'm not getting a red sport so I can't get the red interior.... then I wanted silver and stone but that combination is very limited right now. My dealer has the two listed above so I may go ahead and just pull the trigger at this point. I wanted a lighter interior... I've had many black interiors already but I'm not 100 percent opposed to it... and I like the liquid platinum.

If you read my other post you will see that I stated that the white is HARD to maintain. Like you need to keep it clean smog free. The car is great for non highway/congested city driving. So if you live in suburbs this is good color as the smog spots wont show.
However if you have monthly wash plan like I do, I can get my car washed unlimited amount of times and its fine! (but i wonder if this damages paint...)

Silver is not metallic, or eye popping, it looks like paint, nothing special from what I seen in person. If you put a car side by side Silver with Graphite Grey you will see the Graphite grey will make the silver look like ehh.
Also the silver is lighter, so then the chrome on the car wont have enough contrast to make the details stand out.

When in doubt use a color wheel, its not just for cloths but also car design!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Help!!

I love the white but as above it is very difficult to maintain. My son loved the silver and thought it really showed off the lines and curves. I went for Asgard Grey , which in Canada is a metallic option. See attached on the 3.0 that I test drove. I ordered it on my Red Sport ! I think it really shows off the chrome and red aspects without making them pop too much. One thing I will add, you MUST see the colors in person and make sure you see them in different lighting conditions , cloudy, night etc...

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
I personally would go with the silver exterior and black interior as well. Something about off-white bothers me as I'll always feel that it's dirty. Just a personal issue for me I guess lol.

May I also add that I feel silver cars do get overlooked because they look too "common" in that colour but if you like it, by all means go for it !

·
Registered
591 Posts
silver and black would be a good combo. lighter exterior colors goes great with darker interior and vice versa but, white interior would need a bit more care than other colors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Among the two options, Majestic white is my pick. However, to decide the colour with the interior combinations mentioned above, my vote is for Silver exterior with Graphite interior.

On a side note, @RandomRon82, when is your dealer expecting new shipment of the Q60s?
If the waiting period is not much... New lot opens up to more combinations to choose from.
I'm sure you must have given some thought to it.
Just wondering from my end.

But hey, if you're fine with the two options given by the dealer, I'm happy for you mate.
Good luck and Congrats in advance! :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi!....... I would have posted sooner but I've been ultra busy... but just wanted to let you know that I picked up my Liquid Platinum/graphite Q60 3.0t premium plus, awd yesterday :):):) and I could not be more thrilled. I'm in love with it!!! I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi!....... I would have posted sooner but I've been ultra busy... but just wanted to let you know that I picked up my Liquid Platinum/graphite Q60 3.0t premium plus, awd yesterday :):):) and I could not be more thrilled. I'm in love with it!!! I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
Congrats on the car and nice decision on the color combo!

·
Registered
23 Posts
i really like the blue with red interior. But iffy about it. 2nd is the white on red and final graphite on red. my 3 options in that order .
blue/red. superman colors but only with the RS model (rims) and if red is not to bright. that's what i am ordering in the spring. i googled blue exterior/red interior and looked at the images it found. i like. DO IT. : )

·
Registered
327 Posts
Superman themed does sound interesting. I never thought I would like it which is why I'm scared to google it and see.... I thought I had my mind made already !

·
Registered
591 Posts
Didn't think about the blue/red combo as superman until you mentioned it now. If only there was a way to make it look like ironman without making the vehicle look gaudy. But the blue/red combo does sound nice and unique.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i post a pick in the q60 in the wild thread theres 2 blue ones and u could see the second blue one has red interior (last Page, check it out).. Ye in spring imma order my RS blue with red !!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
so my plans for the spring are

get car blue red
10% tint
remove side markers 3.0t
remove rear markers awd, infiniti, q60 leave the S and infiniti symbol
i just received plates "Q60COUPE"
this is going to be longest 7 months of my life. :crying:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are a few pics of my latest obsession... lol. I've only had this thing for 2 weeks and I've already managed to put over 1000 miles on it... just from randomly driving around the city. When I get in, I don't want to get out.

One is from the dealership on one of the days that I stalked it out.

The others are from last night at a store... this color really glows at night and the lines really pop in all lighting conditions.

Attachments

Reactions: Snikt21

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here are a few pics of my latest obsession... lol. I've only had this thing for 2 weeks and I've already managed to put over 1000 miles on it... just from randomly driving around the city. When I get in, I don't want to get out.

One is from the dealership on one of the days that I stalked it out.

The others are from last night at a store... this color really glows at night and the lines really pop in all lighting conditions.
Wow beautiful. Congrats

1 - 20 of 21 Posts