Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
If theres a fault with any component in the SRS it will disable the whole system and none will work.
the passenger airbag light started flashing
Isn't the passenger airbag disabled when the seat detects no passenger, yet the driver's side still functions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Isn't the passenger airbag disabled when the seat detects no passenger, yet the driver's side still functions?
Yes
Im a service advisor and work for Mercedes, been with Ford and FCA before. Im not familiar with Infiniti specifics but typically when the light blinks that signals a fault in the system somewhere and all my past experiences have been when theres a fault the whole system is disabled.

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
Yes
Im a service advisor and work for Mercedes, been with Ford and FCA before. Im not familiar with Infiniti specifics but typically when the light blinks that signals a fault in the system somewhere and all my past experiences have been when theres a fault the whole system is disabled.
It could be flashing because the sensor may be confused as to whether or not someone is seated in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If thats the case the sensor would be faulty. Mine has never flashed even with my 45lb dog. He weighs enough to trigger the seatbelt light but not enough to activate the airbag. I dunno tbh. Im gonna see if I can find someone that can give more info. If I find anything Ill report back.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I talked with a few people and the general consensus is like mentioned above, find a used seat and swap seat covers so it matches. I did find a guy who had a similar issue with a BMW seat mat sensor he called it. Said he bought a device on ebay that plugs into the mat and tricks the car to think someone is in the passenger seat when theyre not and the airbag light goes off and everything works as designed. But if thats the case and theres an accident the passenger airbags would be deployed as if someone was actually in the seat where it wouldnt normally with an empty seat. I dont know if something like that would work on this situation but maybe something to look into.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks so much for all of the advice. I am still unable to locate the used seat. I have contacted a bunch of mechanics and none of their junkyards are able to locate it. The website Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market shows one seat in Tampa but they won't ship outside of FL. If anyone has any leads it would be greatly appreciated!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts