Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come across a complaint recently regarding the outgoing Q60 convertible where the top is dented near the break line between the front and back of top break. Seems like this problem has been going on since the 2009 G27 convertible and Infiniti will not fix teh dents for this guy.

think Infiniti will leave this recurring problem if they do decide to come out with a convertible top for the new Q60?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hard to say, it's a new model so maybe it makes it much easier for them to factor that in right from the start with designing the vehicle and everything else beyond that

·
Registered
308 Posts
I doubt they would leave it as a normal problem, they would most likely address it and fix the issue at hand prior to releasing the convertible

·
Registered
327 Posts
I agree with @Titan , typically automakers take into consideration the past issues, especially when coming out with a new design. If it re-occurs again I would be very very disappointed. Kinda odd to hear that they didn't want to fix the dents for the guy though. What could have really caused the dents that would have been his fault ?!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Indeed.

Working with a new vehicle with weeding out those issues in mind it much easier than trying to remedy it with a product that's already out. Probably costs them more money to get rid of it on a product that has reached the end of its cycle.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assume automakers would fix issues like these in their newer models but if it's been ongoing since the 2009 G27, I wonder if they see it as a big enough problem to address at all.

Those dents seems to be caused by the top and not from user error.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't understand how it's gone on for so long. Even from a strictly aesthetic aspect, your products are coming out looking flawed. How can anyone be okay with that ?! That's a huge issue

·
Registered
500 Posts
They can be okay with it depending on what else is going on and at this rate the vehicle is at the end of its production cycle, it won't matter much to them. As a consumer I would like to see it be addressed, but you also have to look at it from their end, what reasons they may have.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That is true.. Never thought of it like that. In that scenario it does kind of make sense to just forget about it. Could end up costing more than it's really worth to do

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's worrying is how the rest of the body material will hold up to dents. Will the exterior of the new Q60 dent just as easily?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Tough to say, but all we can do for now is wait for reports of that to come online and on our end be mindful of where we park and how we drive, that alone can go a long way although it requires you as a driver to be on 120% of the time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It is quite possible. Did they mention using different materials for the body at any point ? If not, then it's more than likely I suppose

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If only Infiniti would come out with some kind of door guard that perfectly blends into the body so it doesn't look out of place. The seems to be the best protection against side body dents.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Door guard protection is one thing but we aren't really having problems with the door area. It's typically at the top according to various owners

·
Registered
500 Posts
i find that wrapping the door in clear vinyl helps since you can't even tell there's anything on the door and if someone hits it hard enough to cause a dent, you can get paintless dent removal. so that's a great way for someone to go that doesn't want some ugly door molding.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That is true. But it definitely has to be the full door. I hate seeing the lines of any sort of clear wrap sticking out. If it doesn't straight from the beginning, it will in a years time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Speaking of dents, i hate to see someone sitting on the hood of a new car and this one just rubs me the wrong way. Will the Q60 hood be able to withstand butts without denting?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really have no idea what the hood is made of but a bit of sitting shouldn't be able to put a dent in it, not that I would give it a try anyways. hopefully, it's built of sturdier stuff than the soft aluminum that bends at the slightest touch.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Highly doubt it's made of anything solid. This is almost guaranteed to be that soft light material that bends. It's a big car so weight is a crucial factor. That and it's cheaper to use the soft bendy stuff

·
Registered
95 Posts
The hood is aluminum. The trunk is composite (plastic). Where that guy is sitting, unlikely any problems, but it makes me nervous too.

As for the OP about convertible dents. First, seems completely irrelevant to current (new) car. Second, this is a common problem that is caused when someone puts the top down with stuff in the trunk. It happens a lot because people are stupid. The only way it happens is if there is something in the trunk when you put the top down. It doesn't have to be anything big, or hard. We see it all the time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts