Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping others can share if they have had a similar experience. I bought a 2019 Q60 RS about 5 months ago and it has always made a front and rear (near windshield at best guess) creak pulling out of my driveway which is on a slight slope. With normal driving there is no creak. I'm bringing the car in to Infiniti for an oil change and to look into the noise and the on the phone the service rep said this is common because the chassis is so stiff on the coupes that they creak when almost on 1 front and 1 diagonal rear wheel. He also said it usually goes away when the car loosens up. I have 36.5K miles so when it "loosens up" is anyone's guess and sounds like BS to me. Also, I can't find anything in this forum nor via Google related to the creaking, plus I'm shocked that Infiniti considers this acceptable for a ~$60K car. Thoughts much appreciated.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts
I'm shocked that Infiniti considers this acceptable for a ~$60K car. Thoughts much appreciated.
Your dealer does not = Infiniti. I don't recall an issue like yours ever being reported here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine does it as well. My road has a steep incline from a main road with zero slope. whenever i turn up on the hill and my car is halfway on the incline and on the main road it feels like the roof creaks or other parts creak from the slope difference.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts
Could it be the brakes?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine does this. It is coming from the back window area in the passenger side. I have had the dealer look at it and a performance shop and without tearing apart the interior, nobody knows why it is making that noise. I have had the interior apart and reassembled for the coilover install and it is still making the creaking noise. So I accept it is a permanent quark with my car. I only hear it when pulling out of my driveway which has a very small drop off to the street. I don't hear it when I back into the driveway from the street so maybe it only happens when the car is cold?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine does this. It is coming from the back window area in the passenger side. I have had the dealer look at it and a performance shop and without tearing apart the interior, nobody knows why it is making that noise. I have had the interior apart and reassembled for the coilover install and it is still making the creaking noise. So I accept it is a permanent quark with my car. I only hear it when pulling out of my driveway which has a very small drop off to the street. I don't hear it when I back into the driveway from the street so maybe it only happens when the car is cold?
Same as me. I think it's the chassis when the car is sitting and probably cold too. Once it hits any incline / decline it creaks and settles as I rarely hear it again when driving.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same as me. I think it's the chassis when the car is sitting and probably cold too. Once it hits any incline / decline it creaks and settles as I rarely hear it again when driving.
Bones creakin’ when you get out of bed in the mornin but once you get moving the noises go away (hopefully) lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
YES. I have a 2018 Q60 RS that I bought used a few months ago. I’m going to make a separate post regarding the issues I’ve had since I bought it, but when I’ve taken the car in to get fixed, I’ve mentioned that creaking sound coming from the front drivers side and from both sides (I think) of the rear.

So far they’ve fixed the front axle TWICE (3 times if you count the first time when I took it to Firestone in a panic), and the front sounds better, but I’m still hearing that same creaking sound from the rear.

To me, it sounds like a boat creaking.. and it happens whether the car is warmed up or not, but I mostly hear it at low speeds and when driving on an incline or over bumps in the road. I’ll likely be taking it back to the dealer in a few weeks to get the rear checked out, but hopefully it won’t be another axle issue, because if so I may have to geta different car :/

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow never heard or had this issue?? So a hot blistering summertime day does not affect sound versus a winter or cold day?? Then I wouldn't think it would be a Chassis warm up issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow never heard or had this issue?? So a hot blistering summertime day does not affect sound versus a winter or cold day?? Then I wouldn't think it would be a Chassis warm up issue
Well, I bought it in early April, had the first axle issue about a month later, then it seems like once a month after that. So I’ve only had it during 70-105 degree weather, but temperature, “warmed up” or not, or day/night hasn’t made any difference w the noise..

I spoke to the service advisor and she said she’s never seen/heard any repeated issues like this w the axle either.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts
Well, I bought it in early April, had the first axle issue about a month later
Are you the original owner? What's the nature of the axle issue?

Reactions: VIVID

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I bought it in early April, had the first axle issue about a month later, then it seems like once a month after that. So I’ve only had it during 70-105 degree weather, but temperature, “warmed up” or not, or day/night hasn’t made any difference w the noise..

I spoke to the service advisor and she said she’s never seen/heard any repeated issues like this w the axle either.
Sorry to hear about your problems and the dealer's inability to get it fixed the first time. I don't think mine is an axle issue as I can clearly hear the sound coming from around the front and rear windshield and not from under the car. Also, I listened specifically for it yesterday driving and it does occur even when the car is warm and driven around, but only occurs going up / down inclines and is less audible than the initial time pulling out of the driveway. I go to Infiniti Monday so we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems and the dealer's inability to get it fixed the first time. I don't think mine is an axle issue as I can clearly hear the sound coming from around the front and rear windshield and not from under the car. Also, I listened specifically for it yesterday driving and it does occur even when the car is warm and driven around, but only occurs going up / down inclines and is less audible than the initial time pulling out of the driveway. I go to Infiniti Monday so we'll see what they say.
Agreed, mine is certainly body frame flex it seems like. or it’s all the plastics flexing lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts