Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

Please select all options that apply to your situation.

• RWD

• AWD

• REDSPORT

• OEM

• Upgraded/Modified

• Purchased New

• Purchased Used

• Oil changes were performed at an Infiniti dealer/retailer

• Engine was repaired or replaced

• Infiniti repaired or replaced your engine

• An outside extended warranty covered your engine repair or replacement

• Paid for your engine repair or replacement out of pocket

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017, Q60 AWD PREMIUM- Obsidian Black
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have experienced an engine and or engine related failure with your Infiniti Q60 please provide feedback on the associated poll. If possible please include your model year and mileage at the time of failure.
If you have additional information that you believe is useful, feel free to message me.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Since I haven't experienced any engine problems to date, I assume you don't want a response from owners like me?

Reactions: Q60_CoCo_410

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
Since I haven't experienced any engine problems to date, I assume you don't want a response from owners like me?
Nope, owners such as you, me & Bevo are not good candidates for "ambulance chasers"...

• Haha
Reactions: Bevo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No “ambulance chasers” here. I’m a paying consumer experiencing a major issue that has been mentioned several times in this forum that’s being completely ignored. I am neither a lawyer nor do I work for a lawyer. I am a paying customer concerned that I’m being jerked around and trying to make sure I’m not being gaslit and lied to. Are you a representative or an employee of Infiniti, because I’d love to ask you a couple of questions. I’m pretty sure if you’re looking for laughs and giggles there’s plenty of other threads that you could’ve replied to. It clearly states if you “have” experienced these issues to respond to the poll. If you haven’t what was your purpose of coming on the thread being disingenuous with snarky comments? Did you get paid or you just go around being rude for free?

·
Registered
265 Posts
2017 RS AWD, 95k miles, long block replaced (I answered the survey questions). It's back in the shop now for failed O2 sensors. I've only had my car for 82 days this year. It's been in maintenance the rest of the time. Can't wait to get rid of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2017 RS AWD, 95k miles, long block replaced (I answered the survey questions). It's back in the shop now for failed O2 sensors. I've only had my car for 82 days this year. It's been in maintenance the rest of the time. Can't wait to get rid of it.
Thank you. I’m at 70k and fighting to have this car repaired after being an idiot and actually following the service manuals 10k maintenance schedule and wanted to see if there’s a correlation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I followed the 10k schedule, and you can't be blamed for anything if you did the same. It's what the manual says to do.
The vehicle was also being maintained at 10k from the previous owner at the original dealer. I’ve been pleading my case with infinit and they keep stating since it wasn’t serviced at an Infiniti retailer and not tracked in carfax they won’t honor it and I’m only 43 miles out of the power train warrantyI provided my invoices to the services advisor and I keep being rejected. I bought the vehicle at 35,796. 😔

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The vehicle was also being maintained at 10k from the previous owner at the original dealer. I’ve been pleading my case with infinit and they keep stating since it wasn’t serviced at an Infiniti retailer and not tracked in carfax they won’t honor it and I’m only 43 miles out of the power train warrantyI provided my invoices to the services advisor and I keep being rejected. I bought the vehicle at 35,796. 😔
I’m only the second owner btw.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Most lemon law attorneys also do breach of warranty cases, and often don't charge unless they win the case. I think you have a case. The warranty is not voided if you get the car serviced at a non-Infiniti location. Your invoices for oil changes should be more than enough to prove you changed the oil.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most lemon law attorneys also do breach of warranty cases, and often don't charge unless they win the case. I think you have a case. The warranty is not voided if you get the car serviced at a non-Infiniti location. Your invoices for oil changes should be more than enough to prove you changed the oil.
I’m definitely going to look into it first thing in the morning. Thanks so much for your feedback!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
Are you a representative or an employee of Infiniti, because I’d love to ask you a couple of questions.
No, just the moderator of this forum and the infinitiq50.org forum. And I've owned my '17 Q60S since December 2016, and have been on both forums for 5+ years.
I’m pretty sure if you’re looking for laughs and giggles there’s plenty of other threads that you could’ve replied to. It clearly states if you “have” experienced these issues to respond to the poll. If you haven’t what was your purpose of coming on the thread being disingenuous with snarky comments? Did you get paid or you just go around being rude for free?
You have an interesting way of starting a discussion in this forum structure. Most new forum members will state the specific warranty issue they are fighting with the dealer, not ask carte blanche the entire membership via a poll about "Hey, has your Q malfunctioned or failed?" How is that going to help your cause with the dealer? Wouldn't it be more to the point to say - "Hey, I've been following the recommended 10k mile OCI, didn't get the service done at the dealer, but have receipts, and now with 43 miles over the 70k powertrain warranty, my dealer is not honoring the powertrain because... what? I don't even know, because you have beat around the bush and not specifically said WHAT THE FAILURE IS??? I'm assuming your engine has rod knock? Found metal in the oil pan? Excessive oil smoke? It would be helpful to provide this level of detail in this discussion thread.

Reactions: 351FUN and TQ60

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
No, just the moderator of this forum and the infinitiq50.org forum. And I've owned my '17 Q60S since December 2016, and have been on both forums for 5+ years.

You have an interesting way of starting a discussion in this forum structure. Most new forum members will state the specific warranty issue they are fighting with the dealer, not ask carte blanche the entire membership via a poll about "Hey, has your Q malfunctioned or failed?" How is that going to help your cause with the dealer? Wouldn't it be more to the point to say - "Hey, I've been following the recommended 10k mile OCI, didn't get the service done at the dealer, but have receipts, and now with 43 miles over the 70k powertrain warranty, my dealer is not honoring the powertrain because... what? I don't even know, because you have beat around the bush and not specifically said WHAT THE FAILURE IS??? I'm assuming your engine has rod knock? Found metal in the oil pan? Excessive oil smoke? It would be helpful to provide this level of detail in this discussion thread.
Congrats on your moderator status/position, I see your putting it to good use…
Here’s the original post detailing the situation from start to finish.

It literally only took one second to click on my username to pull it up and any other post I’ve made or interacted with on this forum. As a moderator for 5 years, I’d think that’s a simple function to perform. If you were genuinely curious and looking to give helpful feedback I don’t understand why that wasn’t the first step instead of immediately resorting to trolling and leaving childish remarks. It’s obvious that offering anything useful wasn’t your intent, as I originally suspected. I’m genuinely looking for answers. I don’t know how this rubbed you and your little clique the wrong way to immediately jump on the poll being nasty or if it’s just a personality trait to be condescending and rude but you literally DON’T have to. For that to be the first place your mind decides to take situations that don’t concern you personally (or obstruct you from performing your duties as a MoDeRaToR ⭐) is very telling.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Heya Q60_CoCo_410 how did you make out with the JBA Infiniti Dealer and your engine / car? Also, even though I am not an administrator / moderator, I will admit that the start of this thread caused me confusion and concern and didnt realize the relationship to your other post. But hey now we get it and its all good. 😎

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heya Q60_CoCo_410 how did you make out with the JBA Infiniti Dealer and your engine / car? Also, even though I am not an administrator / moderator, I will admit that the start of this thread caused me confusion and concern and didnt realize the relationship to your other post. But hey now we get it and its all good. 😎
Thnx- I didn’t get anywhere and it seems like a common problem stemming from the maintenance info in the manual and I strongly believe the dealers an consumer affairs are jerking me around and trying to avoid accountability.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Congrats on your moderator status/position, I see your putting it to good use…
Here’s the original post detailing the situation from start to finish.

It literally only took one second to click on my username to pull it up and any other post I’ve made or interacted with on this forum. As a moderator for 5 years, I’d think that’s a simple function to perform. If you were genuinely curious and looking to give helpful feedback I don’t understand why that wasn’t the first step instead of immediately resorting to trolling and leaving childish remarks. It’s obvious that offering anything useful wasn’t your intent, as I originally suspected. I’m genuinely looking for answers. I don’t know how this rubbed you and your little clique the wrong way to immediately jump on the poll being nasty or if it’s just a personality trait to be condescending and rude but you literally DON’T have to. For that to be the first place your mind decides to take situations that don’t concern you personally (or obstruct you from performing your duties as a MoDeRaToR ⭐) is very telling.
WOW. Just as an FYI I cant think of anyone, monitor or otherwise who is more informed about our cars or more willing to share that knowledge than IridiumRS400

. Best of luck with getting your issue resolved. Hate to see anyone getting knocked around by the dealer when they have a legit claim.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a bunch. This situation has been dragged along for far too long with lack of evidence lack of documentation and it’s been a heavy burden. I have a mom that’s sick with MS out of state and I haven’t been able to get to her since this happened between paying for additional transportation and maintaining my original car payment and insurance until it’s resolved hopefully. It just sucks because I did everything I was supposed to and I’m being screwed around smh. Then seeing all these other owners on dealer reviews, forums, social media post, etc. saying they’re being denied under the same basis and given some vague reasoning is just really frustrating. Because I honestly believe they know and don’t want to remedy the issues with these motors and throw it back on the customers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW. Just as an FYI I cant think of anyone, monitor or otherwise who is more informed about our cars or more willing to share that knowledge than IridiumRS[/B]

. Best of luck with getting your issue resolved. Hate to see anyone getting knocked around by the dealer when they have a legit claim.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks a bunch. This situation has been dragged along for far too long with lack of evidence lack of documentation and it’s been a heavy burden. I have a mom that’s sick with MS out of state and I haven’t been able to get to her since this happened between paying for additional transportation and maintaining my original car payment and insurance until it’s resolved hopefully. It just sucks because I did everything I was supposed to and I’m being screwed around smh. Then seeing all these other owners on dealer reviews, forums, social media post, etc. saying they’re being denied under the same basis and given some vague reasoning is just really frustrating. Because I honestly believe they know and don’t want to remedy the issues with these motors and throw it back on the customers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts