2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Those are the wheels I got.

:laugh:

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Garnoch, I haven't seen or heard anything on them. Infiniti probably canned the idea and stuck with the RS wheels from the Q50 to keep costs down. I don't know if they'll release as an option in time but I'd expect their pricing to be higher than anything you could get aftermarket (plus with aftermarket you could probably go lighter on the wheels).

Btw, any news on your car? Last update, you were still trying to get a response from your salesperson. Hopefully, they got back to you with a proper update.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Garnoch, I haven't seen or heard anything on them. Infiniti probably canned the idea and stuck with the RS wheels from the Q50 to keep costs down. I don't know if they'll release as an option in time but I'd expect their pricing to be higher than anything you could get aftermarket (plus with aftermarket you could probably go lighter on the wheels).

Btw, any news on your car? Last update, you were still trying to get a response from your salesperson. Hopefully, they got back to you with a proper update.
Ha, first I got my hopes up there for a minute on the wheels.

As for my car, I really don't have any news except "It's still coming, I promise", even though Infiniti had told the dealer I'd have it the end of January give or take a week. After reading some people recently had to wait 4 months and someone here just got a call saying their three months will now be four months, I have a feeling I'll be waiting a few more weeks. Really getting out of Feb weather is fine by me, but I'm getting antsy, I want it yesterday. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is a still shot from a YouTube video posted by Sacramento Infiniti months ago. It was the first vid or photo that I saw of an RS on an actual lot. Car was white with red interior, and had these 20"s on it. They're the wheels that were on the car when I debuted in Detroit last year, as well as in all the commercials and promo stuff.
I was incredibly disappointed when it arrived on the build page with 19"s that are basically the same rims that were on my 2011 G37xS coupe. Same size, color, and very close in design.
I also wonder if some lucky ******* got this car before they decided go with the 19"s.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm confused, that doesn't appear to be an RS model (no S badge) in the OP, and they look like the 18" wheels we saw on 3.0T (300HP) models when we purchased a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm confused, that doesn't appear to be an RS model (no S badge) in the OP, and they look like the 18" wheels we saw on 3.0T (300HP) models when we purchased a couple of weeks ago.
Stock 18"s:

Yeah, the photo is an early promo, and odd. No red S, red calipers, and 20" rims. Think they were still figuring it out. Maybe still are.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally, the RS (and maybe SS) were going to come with 20" wheels. Those may be what are pictured. The pre-production cars that Infiniti's trainers brought to dealerships last year had the 20" wheels. Apparently there were/are manufacturing issues with the wheels, so Q60 got the same wheels as the Q50 RS. It is kind of hard to tell in the OP's picture, but I'd believe those are 20".

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Originally, the RS (and maybe SS) were going to come with 20" wheels. Those may be what are pictured.
Yup, I zoomed in on the tires. They're 255/35RF20

1 - 12 of 12 Posts