Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any companies out there making Lower Half Diffusers for the q60 platform. Ive seen Southbay auto work’s q50 Lower half diffuser and i was wondering if that would fit a 60 or if there’s another como t that produces them

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Any companies out there making Lower Half Diffusers for the q60 platform.
Like this? I got this one from Seibon Carbon:

Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't buy those Southbay autoworks, jaliscos, markie bang etc etc diffusers. They are all garbage that they buy wholesale from Allibaba and resale them to people here willing to pay a high price for something not even made in-house. I purchased one myself and the fitment is garbage. Gaps everywhere no matter how much I played with fitment. Zoom into the pictures people put up and you will see what I mean. Don't throw cheap parts on your car.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't buy those Southbay autoworks, jaliscos, markie bang etc etc diffusers. They are all garbage that they buy wholesale from Allibaba and resale them to people here willing to pay a high price for something not even made in-house. I purchased one myself and the fitment is garbage. Gaps everywhere no matter how much I played with fitment. Zoom into the pictures people put up and you will see what I mean. Don't throw cheap parts on your car.
these guys are pretty big in the Q scene can you recommend any manufacturers with serious quality

·
Registered
10 Posts
these guys are pretty big in the Q scene can you recommend any manufacturers with serious quality
Yes go with EMM TUNING. they have been making quality Q50/Q60 parts since these cars first launched. They are pricey. But then again you get what you pay for. Everything is bespoke and made to order.

The only reason those other vendors are big is because their prices are cheap. And people like cheap. But honestly all the stuff they sell is resold stuff they bought from China on Alibaba. Nothing special about what they offer.

Here is an example of those poor quality diffusers going around the Q community with that rear foglight built in:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle

You can clearly see how the top part has a huge gap where the diffuser meets with the bumper. I too experienced this. The issue is that the diffuser doesn't replace the factory diffuser. It just sticks on with tape over the factory diffuser.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
How was the install? Did you have to remove the front bumper? Was it pretty hard?
I think you meant rear bumper, but no, the only part that was removed was the stock gloss black valance panel. I push the upper clips out from the back of the valance panel, which attached it to the main bumper cover, after removing the lower push rivets and two screws on either end.

To install the Seibon rear diffuser, it has thin metal tabs that you thread through rear bumper cover eyelets (instead of clips), and then bend down, as the rear crash bar is right behind the cover. I used larger diameter washers for the screws on either end, and you have to push either end of diffuser inward (against the bumper cover) to make the bottom push rivets & holes line up for assembly.

Otherwise, it was a straight-forward install.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think you meant rear bumper, but no, the only part that was removed was the stock gloss black valance panel. I push the upper clips out from the back of the valance panel, which attached it to the main bumper cover, after removing the lower push rivets and two screws on either end.

To install the Seibon rear diffuser, it has thin metal tabs that you thread through rear bumper cover eyelets (instead of clips), and then bend down, as the rear crash bar is right behind the cover. I used larger diameter washers for the screws on either end, and you have to push either end of diffuser inward (against the bumper cover) to make the bottom push rivets & holes line up for assembly.

Otherwise, it was a straight-forward install.
Thanks! And you were right, I meant rear bumper lol

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thanks! And you were right, I meant rear bumper lol
No worries... and as you can see from my photos, the Seibon diffuser replaces the stock valance panel and it fits good (with a little push here and there while inserting the push rivets)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts