Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Q60 is at the dealer waiting for a new DCU and I was loaned a Q50S awd. Even in sport plus mode on the Dunlop runflats the ride seems to be noticeably more compliant/comfortable than in my Q60. Does anyone know the differences between the suspension tunes of the Q60 Luxe/Premium RWD as compared to a Q50 Sport AWD? I'm wondering if the suspension tunes are truly that different or if my shocks might be shot? I did not notice any oil leaks on the shocks when I swapped my winter tires to my summer tires last month.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The Q60 Sports and Red Sports have the Dynamic Digital Suspension (DDS), which have a Magnetic Fluid which is energized for increasing dampening when in Sport & Sport+ mode. The Premium and Luxe Q60s have traditional hydraulic dampeners. Since the DDS can change its dampening rate, rough pavement, potholes, dips, etc. will respond differently than with a traditional hydraulic shock/strut.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the DDS constantly monitor suspension positions and make adjustments? I was under the impression that it's main function was to adjust the damping rate when you chose sport or sport+, was I mistaken?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does the DDS constantly monitor suspension positions and make adjustments? I was under the impression that it's main function was to adjust the damping rate when you chose sport or sport+, was I mistaken?
DDS constantly monitors and adjusts damping, while the different modes change the ranges the of effective damping.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It's a shame there wasn't a cost-effective way to incorporate the Red Sport suspension into the Luxe/Premium suspension, because odds are pretty good that my OEM suspension will be sitting in a box in storage until I get around to selling it.

My guess is I'll sell to another Q60 Redsport owner who needs to replace their OEM suspension because mileage has worn them out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I wasn't expecting it to be such a night and day noticeable difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts