Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my car for 6 days but only in my possession for 4 days as she had the xpel clear bra put on (took 2+days) and now is at dealer getting welcome light installed (which they need 2 days for as apparently it takes a long time to do). Paying $300 for it. Clear bra came out nicely. I can see the line going across hood (18" up) and now wish I did the entire hood but you only see it if you look at a certain angle and I might do the entire hood later. Well, I guess this is one good way to keep miles of the car. I got a 2016 Q50 loaner for the weekend.

D

·
Registered
591 Posts
Soon you will be reunited with her and she'll be all the better for it. At least you'll fall in love with the Q60's performance all over again after driving around a Q50.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So true. Thanks for the curbside therapy. Send me the bill. Cant wait to get the tint done. I never tinted a car before .. and I think it will look great with the sunstone red. Thinking 40%.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So true. Thanks for the curbside therapy. Send me the bill. Cant wait to get the tint done. I never tinted a car before .. and I think it will look great with the sunstone red. Thinking 40%.
I would recommend 30-35% tint. Still very light so people can see in but dark enough to keep unwanted sunlight out.

To each their own though, just a suggestion.

·
Registered
132 Posts
On our car we have a big back window to let more light in. I had my rear window only tinted 20% and the sides a 30-35%. It looks uniform instead of having two different shades of tint in front and back.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If by welcome lighting you mean the ground lighting by the doors that takes like 2 hours

I thought it would take 2 to 4 hrs but dealer said I am the first Q60 they are doing it to and the master tech wants to take his time. Who knows... I guess I dont care as I have a loaner. Hope he knows where to drill :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah mine was the first they did and with everything else they had to do with it it was like 4 hours taking their time, definitely ready before lunch. Unless your car is in a line a day and a half long 2 days is unsatisfactory for just a ground light install.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Infiniti still has my car installing the welcome ground lights. Day 3. I guess the first day they had a bunch of other cars to work on, so I was slightly annoyed that they didnt tell me that. Day 2 the lead tech worked on the car for 5+ hrs. Apparently, feeding the wire through the body frame is a royal PIA!!!! Should get it back today. The master tech is eating this one as he is putting in 5-8 hrs and I think infiniti quotes this as a 2 or 3 hr project. Oh well.. cant wait to get her back. We get our first snow fall tomorrow since I got my car so I am curious how she will do. Then temps rise to 50 this weekend so she will get a nice wash :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I hope the lights are worth it and that they don't jack something up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope the lights are worth it and that they don't jack something up.

LOL. I went back there to inspect what they were doing and it looked neat and professional. Basically I saw the holes drilled and the LEDs installed on one side and the holes drilled on the other side and LEDS ready to go in. I saw the lower door sill/kickplate area removed and the wiring being thread through there to reach the fuse box or whatever that it they are plugging into. I think the challenge was threading the wiring up through the body metal to the door sill etc..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts