Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so I’m getting a clicking/poping noise while turning or going over bumps at low speeds it’s definitely coming from inside the rack I pulled the inner tie rod boot and you can see the rack jumping up and down when you rock the wheel back and forth. So I ordered a used rack off eBay I’m going to try and put it In tomorrow after work, my question is will the used rack need to be calibrated or programmed? Has anyone done this replacement themselves it looks like an easy replacement if all I need is an alignment afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,622 Posts
will the used rack need to be calibrated or programmed?
Your title reads that it doesn't have DAS. If it doesn't have DAS there is nothing to calibrate or program.

Reactions: Q60_vr30ddtt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your title reads that it doesn't have DAS. If it doesn't have DAS there is nothing to calibrate or program.
Perfect I just wanted to make sure i couldn’t see how it would need to be programmed but I spoke with a tech from Infiniti he said that he programs new racks whenever he installs them even non das systems he wasn’t sure if a used rack would need the same treatment I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to get a light on the dash or worse.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,622 Posts
I spoke with a tech from Infiniti he said that he programs new racks whenever he installs them even non das systems he wasn’t sure if a used rack would need the same treatment
I don't understand why a tech wouldn't be sure. If the rack needs to be replaced, what options do you really have? What kind of warning light is there for non DAS steering?

I guess there could be sensors for wheel angle that are used for active trace control.

Reactions: Q60_vr30ddtt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't understand why a tech wouldn't be sure. If the rack needs to be replaced, what options do you really have? What kind of warning light is there for non DAS steering?

I guess there could be sensors for wheel angle that are used for active trace control.
I have nothing it’s a 2017 premium there’s only one plug for the electric motor that’s it the only issue I think I’ll have is steering angle maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m going to taking it apart tonight and get the new rack in tomorrow morning since I’m off work I can’t see how there would be an issue he said if you do get a light it all still be drivable 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also he isn’t saying it need to be replaced I am I only asked if it need to be programmed for my car specifically I thought it was odd he wasn’t sure so I’m here I’d be asking the Facebook groups but I’m on a 30day ban haha

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,622 Posts
Also he isn’t saying it need to be replaced I am I only asked if it need to be programmed for my car specifically I thought it was odd he wasn’t sure so I’m here I’d be asking the Facebook groups but I’m on a 30day ban haha
You could check the Q50 forum too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could check the Q50 forum too
I was thinking it but at the same time I’m going to change it myself one way or another, the dealership wants $1000 to swap the rack out and to do an alignment. So if I get a light or it starts wigging out I’ll just need to drive it or tow it to the dealership I’m just trying to avoid paying them for doing the swap lol a second opinion was all I needed lol. If all goes well tomorrow I’ll post the results

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just did the swap zero issues no lights works perfect 👌🏻 I’m gonna try and post some videos it looks like water got into the rack somehow and it ate away at the internals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts