Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The online configuration tool only lists 19" rims for the Q60 Red Sport 400, but I have seen multiple images and youtube vids (see links below) of what appear to be 20" rims that I distinctly recall were earlier reported to be offered on the Red Sport.

YouTube video of a Red Sport 400 with the 20" rims I was expecting to see in the online configurator:

Additional images are attached below.

Does anyone know if these rims are indeed available and are just not listed in the online configurator (an omission?), or are they truly not available? I much prefer these darker 20" rims to the 19" rims shown on the online configuration too.

Thanks!
-Kent

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
In Canada the config shows 19 for then AWD that I just ordered from my dealer yesterday in Asgard Grey ! It is showing as "on the boat" and I hope to have it in a couple of weeks. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Seems to be a lot of confusion over this right now, with the general feeling being that the 20"'s have been scrapped. I can't believe they would just throw the same 19" rims on that would be on just about every other model, so I'm personally holding out hope that the rims that were on the vehicle when it debuted in Detroit, and that are on the white one in the video, will be what we are getting. I guess we'll have to wait a bit and see.

·
Registered
95 Posts
From Canadian order guide. 19 inches

2dr Cpe 2.0t

2dr Cpe 3.0t
2dr Cpe 3.0t Red Sport 400

Wheels
Aluminum
Aluminum
Aluminum

Wheels dimensions (inches)
19 X 9
19 X 9
19 X 9

Tires
P255/40VR19
P255/40VR19
P255/40WR19

·
Registered
137 Posts
While I will be disappointed, as long as they LOOK like the ones in the video and that were on display in Detroit, the 1" won't kill me. BUT if they try to pawn off those God-awful silver and black staggered spokes on RS 400 models, I'll be more than just disappointed. I'm getting service on one of my vehicles tomorrow and will be checking into this more. Was absolutely told, about a month ago, that the RS my local dealership was getting had 20"'s. But, things change. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Canada and US order guides look quite different. Hope you get what you want. For me the big mystery is whether the trim will be carbon fibre. In the US it seems clear but not in Canadian guide.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am thrilled. Not much use for 20 inch wheels in Canada !
Lol I know what you mean, especially where I am. Toronto, Ontario. Worst roads ever, and especially in the winter which is probably majority of the year. BUT I would still love 20s. I had a set on my old car and the ride sucked, but it looked nice haha ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
exactly - the 20" rims aren't available as an option, even though Infiniti has been showing the car with 20" rims at the car shows and in promotional photos, and they have stated multiple times that 20" rims would be available in the Red Sport 400.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Q60 RS is getting the same wheels as the Q50 RS. So, like this, but with red calipers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's unfortunate. Why advertise availability of 20" rims and then deliver these less attractive wheels? Not a great way to endear your potential customers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lol I know what you mean, especially where I am. Toronto, Ontario. Worst roads ever, and especially in the winter which is probably majority of the year. BUT I would still love 20s. I had a set on my old car and the ride sucked, but it looked nice haha ;)
Ottawa boy here. My G35 has 19" and its awful on some of our roads. Sure TO has us beat but i feel your pain. So I was going to pick up a RS Electric Indigo Metallic (blue) with red interior but decided to wait until March. Hoping there may be a few more options and get more for my G when i sell it privately. But i did go and do something silly forcing me to buy an RS in the spring. I ordered personalized plates. " Q60coupe " never thought i would get it. must be because it is so new.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ottawa boy here. My G35 has 19" and its awful on some of our roads. Sure TO has us beat but i feel your pain. So I was going to pick up a RS Electric Indigo Metallic (blue) with red interior but decided to wait until March. Hoping there may be a few more options and get more for my G when i sell it privately. But i did go and do something silly forcing me to buy an RS in the spring. I ordered personalized plates. " Q60coupe " never thought i would get it. must be because it is so new.

Ottawa here too. I have 19 on my S4 and they are fine , of course I go down to 18 for winter.
Will do the same with my new RS !

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think i might just end up swapping wheels on this from another Infiniti, usually that works out pretty good, many to choose from, if not i'll go the Vossen route.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think i might just end up swapping wheels on this from another Infiniti, usually that works out pretty good, many to choose from, if not i'll go the Vossen route.
I feel like Vossens and Infiniti's go hand in hand. Every picture I see whether it be G, FX, etc. they just look ideal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm holding out for Infiniti to rectify the problem they created; if they haven't solved it by spring of 2017, I'll probably be purchasing the new Audi S5 or the MB AMG C43. I'm not about to spend $65,000 (roughly) on a car only to spend another 5-10 grand to replace the rims and tires with a more attractive set. I'm going to get what I want from the factory, or they will lose my business.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Guys just get a GTR at this point. 65k for a car that wont have half its value in a few years is terrible. At least GTR will hold its value.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts