Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a Q60 Red Sport and on my grille I have that stupid plastic covering over the front emblem. I'm told this is housing the sensor for the intelligent cruise control. I believe this is a standard option with the Red Sport as I would have never paid extra for it.

Does anyone know if this can be safely removed or swapped out? I don't care if I lose functionality with the ICC, I would never use it in the first place.

I've seen some other posts where people posted pics of their Red Sports and they didn't have that annoying emblem feature, so I'm a bit confused.

Any insights?

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is the housing for the forward facing radar functions. This includes predictive forward collision warning and Intelligent Cruise Control (not all Red Sports have ICC).

The short answer is no, you can't replace it with a standard emblem.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a Q60 Red Sport and on my grille I have that stupid plastic covering over the front emblem. I'm told this is housing the sensor for the intelligent cruise control. I believe this is a standard option with the Red Sport as I would have never paid extra for it.

Does anyone know if this can be safely removed or swapped out? I don't care if I lose functionality with the ICC, I would never use it in the first place.

I've seen some other posts where people posted pics of their Red Sports and they didn't have that annoying emblem feature, so I'm a bit confused.

Any insights?

I have the entire chrome grille without ICC if you want to buy it and swap it out on your redsport... Let me know we can workout a deal.

It never saw the road, had it swapped out the day car was delivered .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think you paid dearly for that stupid plastic cover !!! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I just checked.... in Canada (I'm from Toronto), we only have 3 packages for the Q60, the 2.0, the sport and the Red Sport. All of them are in AWD and the red sport AWD comes standard with all those safety features, hence the plastic.

So looks like you Americans are lucky bastards.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Alrighty then....the choice was made for you! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts