Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a used 2017 q60 red sport with 27k miles. Car is amazing except for horrible acceleration delay. Car seems to bog down when accelerating from a stop, I push the peddle more and the car just takes off. Almost like is powering through some sort of issue. I had a 2017 q50 years back and don’t remember it having the same issue. I replaced to air filters and tried to do the ecu reset but I can’t seem to get it to work (sel not flashing during step 4). I see that a dirty maf sensors may be the problem also. Anyone else have this issue and if so how was it fixed

Attachments

· Registered
588 Posts
I have the same model and year and never experienced this to date.

· Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it to the dealer for a squeaking noise. Figured it was just the serpentine belt since I had the same issue with my q50 a couple years ago. It was the belt but they also found the tensioner needs to be replaced and one of the turbos is faulty. I’m guessing a faulty turbo is causing the issue of the acceleration delay and will update next week when I get the car back

· Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update: finally got the car back and dealer replaced serpentine belt, belt tensioner and both turbos since they were both faulty. It’s crazy this would happen at 26k miles but thankfully was all covered under warranty. Car definitely feels way better and acceleration has definitely improved. I’m coming from a 435i that had a ton of torque right off the line, so maybe that’s why I feel like the initial acceleration is weak 🤷🏼‍♂️ Either way the car feels way better and I’m very happy I took it in before the warranty expired

· Registered
533 Posts
Glad they got it taken care of for you.

· Registered
4 Posts
Took it to the dealer for a squeaking noise. Figured it was just the serpentine belt since I had the same issue with my q50 a couple years ago. It was the belt but they also found the tensioner needs to be replaced and one of the turbos is faulty. I’m guessing a faulty turbo is causing the issue of the acceleration delay and will update next week when I get the car back
I took mine to the dealer for a squealing noise after launch, the noise happens at around 45mph. I thought it may have only been in sports mode, but it seems to do it in regular drive mode too. The dealership kept it overnight, said they drove it and didn't hear anything. It happens every single time I launch, and I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to hear it. I asked them to check the tensioner and they said it was within spec and the belts were good. I guess I need to push them harder about it and maybe have them check the turbos while they're at it.

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
I took mine to the dealer for a squealing noise after launch, the noise happens at around 45mph. I thought it may have only been in sports mode, but it seems to do it in regular drive mode too. The dealership kept it overnight, said they drove it and didn't hear anything. It happens every single time I launch, and I don't understand why they wouldn't be able to hear it. I asked them to check the tensioner and they said it was within spec and the belts were good. I guess I need to push them harder about it and maybe have them check the turbos while they're at it.
Can you take the Service Advisor or Tech on a test drive with you driving? It's the best way to replicate the noise, if you say it happens every time. Otherwise, could you try another Infiniti dealer?

Reactions: 351FUN

· Registered
4 Posts
Can you take the Service Advisor or Tech on a test drive with you driving? It's the best way to replicate the noise, if you say it happens every time. Otherwise, could you try another Infiniti dealer?
Driving with them is a great idea, thank you! I think the guy probably took the car home and was afraid to power her up. The next closest Infiniti dealer is in D.C. and I'm just not about that life.

· Registered
2021 q60 RS i-line awd
108 Posts
Driving with them is a great idea, thank you! I think the guy probably took the car home and was afraid to power her up. The next closest Infiniti dealer is in D.C. and I'm just not about that life.
The closest Infiniti dealer to me is in canada, about 200 miles away. I'm hoping I don't have to warranty anything lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts