Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a nice new addition to the car. Seems to have more torque faster than the stock intakes. The best part is the sound. You can definitely hear the turbos spool and the "blow off" type sound in between shifts.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Install is pretty easy until you get to the passenger side turbo intake clamp bolt. It is hard to get to and I would recommend very long extensions to get to the 8mm clamp bolts along with a swivel joint to get at the weird angle. I used a 12" and 6", 1/4" extension to get a total of 18" inches of total length to get to those lower bolts.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did Stillen advertise any numbers for this intake?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes but this intake benefits in the most real world driving range. Any HP and torque gain across the range will still get you going faster than stock. Cant wait to see the tunes coming out next.

I just like the sound, hard to tell this car even has turbos when stock. :D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Yes but this intake benefits in the most real world driving range. Any HP and torque gain across the range will still get you going faster than stock. Cant wait to see the tunes coming out next.

I just like the sound, hard to tell this car even has turbos when stock. :D
Well I've got the Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit so I doubt I'd even hear what any intake is doing.

>:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Graphite... u are in the Chicagoland area right? When can we hook up so you can install mine??? I'll bring the beer! Lol... seriously, if you would do it we can talk about money (and beers) for you to do it!!!! If you can I'll order right away and we can set a date

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
This is a nice new addition to the car. Seems to have more torque faster than the stock intakes. The best part is the sound. You can definitely hear the turbos spool and the "blow off" type sound in between shifts.
That looks good. Are those oiled filters? Also, did you happen to record intake temps by any chance after the install? I'm curious if they are pulling any warm air into the intake.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Graphite - where did you pick up that strut brace? A link would be appreciated. :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
That looks good. Are those oiled filters? Also, did you happen to record intake temps by any chance after the install? I'm curious if they are pulling any warm air into the intake.
I know those are K&N filters that "don't need service until 50,000 miles". I've checked K&N's website and I can't find any 50,000 mile filters that are not oiled after being cleaned.

K&N air filters are made up of multiple layers of oiled cotton filter media that not only provide superior air flow but also excellent filtration to ensure long engine life.
K&N Replacement Air Filters are Reusable & Designed to Add Power to Your Vehicle
The performance benefits of maximum airflow are clear, compelling and well documented. That is why so many professional racers are willing to run expensive vehicles with no air filter, as opposed to installing a disposable air filter.
I guess K&N is a great alternative to NO AIR FILTER
K&N Air Filter Facts You Should Know

:D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Reactions: TenthBit

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I know those are K&N filters that "don't need service until 50,000 miles". I've checked K&N's website and I can't find any 50,000 mile filters that are not oiled after being cleaned.

:D
Yep, sounds like I'll pass unless Infiniti introduces something which I know it will keep my lifetime drivetrain warranty intact. Pity because I like the sound from intakes but the filtration aspect is always an issue. It needs to be as good as OEM at a minimum imo.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Yep, sounds like I'll pass unless Infiniti introduces something which I know it will keep my lifetime drivetrain warranty intact. Pity because I like the sound from intakes but the filtration aspect is always an issue. It needs to be as good as OEM at a minimum imo.
K&N claims on their website that using their filters will not void your warranty. I'm just not comfortable spending what K&N wants for a filter that lets more dirt pass than OEM and requires maintenance that's a pain and too easy to under or over oil.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts