Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,800 Posts
The brake discs would be hot if the brakes were dragging, not the wheels.
I just got through replacing my wife's front brakes. Wheel indeed was very warm to the touch. I would no touch the caliper :D
Okay, if you drive long enough with your brakes dragging, then the wheels can get hot. I wouldn't wait that long to check the discs. You could feel the heat radiating off of the discs without touching them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wanted to provide everyone an update on my vehicle. It has now been at the Infiniti dealerships 2 out of the last 3 months and remains there. They have replaced full set of tires twice (road forced balanced numerous times), 2 rims, rear drive shaft, right rear axle and a transmission mount. I have been asked to take a test drive with the mechanic multiple times where they think they may have solved the issue but did not. The level of vibration will vary from one day to the next. On one of my test drives, the dashboard was visibly shaking and the mechanic couldn't believe it. The regional Master Mechanic has been involved. I'm now working with Infiniti Consumer Affairs to replace the vehicle, I've had it with this one. Over the last 1.5 years of ownership, I have had this car in for ~4months of time starting with month 1 to address this issue.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,800 Posts
Wanted to provide everyone an update on my vehicle. It has now been at the Infiniti dealerships 2 out of the last 3 months and remains there. They have replaced full set of tires twice (road forced balanced numerous times), 2 rims, rear drive shaft, right rear axle and a transmission mount. I have been asked to take a test drive with the mechanic multiple times where they think they may have solved the issue but did not. The level of vibration will vary from one day to the next. On one of my test drives, the dashboard was visibly shaking and the mechanic couldn't believe it. The regional Master Mechanic has been involved. I'm now working with Infiniti Consumer Affairs to replace the vehicle, I've had it with this one. Over the last 1.5 years of ownership, I have had this car in for ~4months of time starting with month 1 to address this issue.
https://www.mass.gov/new-and-leased-car-lemon-law

Reactions: di_parts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yup- well aware of the Lemon law. Hoping I don't have to get to that point and Infiniti will take care of me on this one. I have owned 7 Infiniti vehicles over the years and have had great luck with all of them except this particular coupe.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,800 Posts
Yup- well aware of the Lemon law. Hoping I don't have to get to that point and Infiniti will take care of me on this one. I have owned 7 Infiniti vehicles over the years and have had great luck with all of them except this particular coupe.
Somebody on the assembly line must have come to work drunk that day they made yours

·
Super Moderator
2,132 Posts
Has your dealership brought up Lemon Law or a replacement? Usually even the best dealers will hold off going that route because it's Infiniti's call and Infiniti will try to avoid going that route unless they really need to.

I'd say bring up LL and see what your SA says. They may encourage it so that you can get Infiniti's attention. I think LL usually asks for the OEM to be given one last chance to fix before a hearing and the buy back being initiated. Also, the buy back amount will be impacted by mileage so the sooner you get the ball rolling, the more of your money you stand to recover.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you able to post the results of the road force balance? I’m curious to see what numbers they got for each wheel/tire assembly.

I’ve read through a lot of forums where people chased vibrations and ended up replacing suspension parts, wheels, tires, etc all to find out the tires were not road force balanced properly whether by a dealership or indepedent shop. The results need to be 10lbs or under on these cars. A lot of dealers, including mine brush you off if the result is 20lbs or under...which is almost double of where it should be. This is why I go to an independent shop that properly knows how to road force balance the wheel/tire assembly by rotating the tire on the wheel if necessary.

Most shops just throw it on the machine, get a road force reading and call it a day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I wanted to provide everyone a final update. Thank you for your input/suggestions on this. Kudos to Infiniti who made right on this vehicle and executed a full voluntary buy back of my Q60 RS400. They refunded Original purchase price, cash down, interest payments, sales tax, registration fees. I only had to pay state mandated usage fees up to the first month of ownership (1st time I reported the issue). They actually gave me three options, buy back, cash to go away or replace the vehicle. With that said, they maintained the vibration was "characteristic of the vehicle" and not abnormal behavior, so they highly recommended against replacing it with another Q60.

So after a frustrating 1.5 years of dealing with this, all is well that ends well. Turned into a great downpayment on my new vehicle. I defected and went with a new Audi S5 Sportback Prestige. Absolutely loving the new car.

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to try and help me out. I wish you the best of luck with your RS400's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have exactly the same problem with my RS400, I went to the dealership 5 times, they re balance the wheels 2 times, they changed 1 wheel...I will take an appointment to another dealer, it's enough!!!
did they finally solve your problem, thanks Chris

·
Super Moderator
2,132 Posts
I have exactly the same problem with my RS400, I went to the dealership 5 times, they re balance the wheels 2 times, they changed 1 wheel...I will take an appointment to another dealer, it's enough!!!
I don't think Chris is here anymore. He switched to Audi after Infiniti couldn't figure out the issue with his car (I don't blame him...I'd look elsewhere if I had the same kind of issues he had).

I think it's a good idea to get another dealer to look at your car. I would also recommend taking it to a local tire shop (they usually have a lot more expertise) to get a second or third opinion. If worse comes to worse, you might still be able to Lemon Law the car if it meets the criteria and you are here in the States (so many people I know forget about Lemon Law until it's too late so I like to remind folks who have issues with their cars that it might be an alternative to get some peace of mind and a resolution).

Btw, welcome to the forum. Post up pics of your car when you can. What color combo did you get? AWD or RWD? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hi Amarsola,

They were never able to resolve my issue. Infiniti bought the car back voluntarily. Once you have brought your vehicle in for repair 3 times or more and they are unable to resolve it, my state's lemon law gives them one final chance to resolve the repair after declaring it a lemon and if they cannot fix it, you can proceed under lemon law. As others have pointed out, Infiniti likely wants to avoid that and provide options like they did to me. Your usage fee of the vehicle during a buy back should only go to the first time you reported the problem. Ask for Infiniti Consumer Affairs, explain your unsolved issue to date, give them one last chance to resolve and then be firm about getting you out of the vehicle. This is clearly an issue they have not figured out with a certain percentage of these vehicles. My local mechanic told me that he saw 100's of similar complaints nationally in their internal database with no resolutions.

Good luck with your vehicle

-Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else been experiencing vibration issues at highway speeds and on acceleration? I have had my car into the dealership at least 8 times since purchase for them to track this down. The condition is usually a constant annoying vibration that you can feel in the steering wheel and seat of the vehicle (passengers have noticed as well), but very occasionally it will turn into a downright shuddering of the vehicle above 65mph. The constant condition used to be intermittent but is now always there. The vibration is still there if putting the vehicle into neutral at highway speed.

The dealer at first claimed they could not reproduce the issue (3 appointments) and that the run flat tires ride poorly. Later they claimed it was balancing required (did not solve issue). Month's later they claimed I need 4 new tires. Purchased Continental Extreme Contact tires (not run flats) and it did not solve the issue. They then said two of the brand new tires were defective and needed to be replaced (done). After replaced, the car was worse. They then road force balanced the car multiple times and kept the vehicle to perform extended road tests. Received vehicle back, no improvement. I was then told, this is a normal condition for the coupes.

I eventually got more info from an Infiniti service mechanic who told me they are seeing this issues with many of the Q60 coupes. He knows exactly what I am talking about and feels it as well on test drives. Infiniti's internal database shows hundreds of owner complaints of this condition and none of them are getting fixed. Infiniti mechanics are frustrated as their hands are tied. He told me that he suspects an issue/defect in the drive line, but they are not authorized to swap out parts here under warranty to troubleshoot unless regional Infiniti master technicians are involved. They cannot isolate the issue otherwise. I am now working to escalate this within Infiniti Consumer Affairs but this is frustrating to say the least on a new car at this price point. I love everything else about the vehicle and just want to solve the problem. My car has been at the dealership's service department 5 out of the last 6 weeks. I have owned four prior Infiniti coupes G35's, G37, G37 convertible and have never had this issue. I hope to stay an Infiniti customer going forward but if I cannot get this resolved, I may be done.
Good evening, I have had SIX Infiniti Q50 and THREE Q60. The latest is a brand new 2021 Q60. I am having the exact same issue. As I accelerate, the steering wheel vibrates and pretty badly, enough that my entire hand shakes. In addition to this, my mirror sensors do not work very well and the car has been recalled twice in only a year. My lease payments are over $550 a month and I really do not like this car. Is there any recourse here? Did consumer affairs help you?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts