Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says; I know there are two sport exhausts that infiniti offers one is the regular sport exhaust and the other is the axle back sport exhaust which I'm assuming just means the two resonators it comes with. My question is do both of these exhaust kits require you to remove the muffler? I had a 2018 Q50 with a muffler delete that sounded nice but towards the end I got tired of the loud vibration sound so I'm trying to go for a more genuine throaty aggressive sound. Also looking to keep it with genuine infiniti parts as the cars a lease so I dont want to put a whole new system in and then have to revert it back to stock. (I know with the sport exhaust I'll still have to revert it but it'll be less of a headache compared to a whole new system). Any help is greatly appreciated :))

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
This is the OEM muffler

This is the Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit that replaces the OEM muffler

This is the Helmholtz that replaces the OEM muffler

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the OEM muffler
View attachment 23514

This is the Infiniti Sport Exhaust Kit that replaces the OEM muffler
View attachment 23515

This is the Helmholtz that replaces the OEM muffler
View attachment 23516
I think I'm going to probably go with the regular sport exhaust without muffler. The one with resonators sound great but a little loud for stop and go traffic. Also odd that both are sold by infiniti/nissan and come without a muffler when in CA they have that dumb muffler law now.

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
I think I'm going to probably go with the regular sport exhaust without muffler. The one with resonators sound great but a little loud for stop and go traffic. Also odd that both are sold by infiniti/nissan and come without a muffler when in CA they have that dumb muffler law now.
The sport exhaust kit (muffler delete) did come with a warning that it has an aggressive sound and may not be legal in every state. It's on my RS.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think you are confused. The exhaust without muffler is louder than the one with resonators. I think Infiniti discontinued the other exhaust with mufflers because people probably wanted more sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you are confused. The exhaust without muffler is louder than the one with resonators. I think Infiniti discontinued the other exhaust with mufflers because people probably wanted more sound.
Ah ****. That's not good. The straight muffler delete I had on my Q50 was kinda loud and drone-y so I was hoping for a more throaty natural rumble sound

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
As the title says; I know there are two sport exhausts that infiniti offers one is the regular sport exhaust and the other is the axle back sport exhaust which I'm assuming just means the two resonators it comes with. My question is do both of these exhaust kits require you to remove the muffler? I had a 2018 Q50 with a muffler delete that sounded nice but towards the end I got tired of the loud vibration sound so I'm trying to go for a more genuine throaty aggressive sound. Also looking to keep it with genuine infiniti parts as the cars a lease so I dont want to put a whole new system in and then have to revert it back to stock. (I know with the sport exhaust I'll still have to revert it but it'll be less of a headache compared to a whole new system). Any help is greatly appreciated :))
There are two exhaust kits available from Infiniti. One has resonators and the other doesn’t. I just purchased my Q60 and had the Stillen intake and the resonated exhaust system installed at the dealership

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the one with resonators installed. Was able to install without jacking up car but would recommend jacking it up to install. Noticeable but not overly loud on cold starts (especially while the wastegates r open). You can tell you have exhaust when driving with very very little drone but its not obnoxious by any means IMO. Reminds me of the volume level (not the sound) of the VQ35 with stock exhaust, maybe a touch louder.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the one with resonators installed. Was able to install without jacking up car but would recommend jacking it up to install. Noticeable but not overly loud on cold starts (especially while the wastegates r open). You can tell you have exhaust when driving with very very little drone but its not obnoxious by any means IMO. Reminds me of the volume level (not the sound) of the VQ35 with stock exhaust, maybe a touch louder.
I installed mine without lifting as well but have the straight pipe version which is pretty loud on cold starts. It's even louder with LDPs but calms down once it's warm and isn't obnoxiously loud. Sounds good while cruising and doesn't drone on the highway. Later today I'll be installing the FI CBE though WHOOP WHOOP hahaha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts