Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a call from one of my contacts that parts dealerships are starting to get bulletins regarding the impending release of the Q60 Sport Exhaust kit WITH the Muffler!

Already an eBay listing up for it:
*NEW* 2017 Genuine Infiniti Q60 Sport Muffler Kit - B0100-Q60SM | eBay

I have it on pretty good authority (heard this today) that NISMO was taking their time with the Q60 one to get it right, hence the delay...the Q60 one looks to have shorter mufflers and a slightly different design to the Q50 VR30 one overall:

Q50 VR30 Sport Exhaust w/ muffler:

Q60 VR30 Sport Exhaust w/ muffler:

(Pics courtesty of the folks at Gwinnett Infiniti)

Have had one reserved for me whenever NISMO was going to release it so i'm being told shipping in the middle of next week and hopefully receive it early the week of 5/15....i'll let you guys know how it sounds as soon as I get it...this is PERFECT for those of us who use our Q60's as daily drivers where the straight pipe version just might be a little bit too throaty for stop and go traffic, etc. :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully in the next ~10 days I will have this installed and vids available by then...

I'm already fairly optimistic about how good these will sound since the Q50 version with the mufflers aren't inherently "bad" in the grand scheme of things, they just weren't sporty/mean-sounding enough to justify spending $500-550 for a lot of the Q50 owners I talked to, especially since this is just an axle-back...

Right away it's easy to tell we have much shorter mufflers + more straight pipe than the Q50 version, so these Q60 ones should undoubtedly sound a lot fuller and throatier. :)

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Well.. looks like I'll have my exhaust up for sale after seeing what the difference is. Thinking it'll just take a little bit of the bite out of the sound from the sports exhaust.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah!!!! Can't wait

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Figures they would release it just days after I got impatient and got the straight pipe version installed...smh :eek:

Oh well, life goes on. Hopefully it satisfies the folks that were patient enough to wait :)

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Figures they would release it just days after I got impatient and got the straight pipe version installed...smh :eek:

Oh well, life goes on. Hopefully it satisfies the folks that were patient enough to wait :)
My impatiens always gets the best of me. Was cursing when I seen this. Next week I'm sure I'll have the muffler delete pipes up for sale at a killer price.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Lol, well I had the opportunity to hear the straight pipe version IRL and how they would be in stop-and-go Bay Area traffic so I was basically forced to wait for this one...haha.

In any case, it's always good to just wait anyways and let some of us deal with the hassle of returns/reselling, etc., just on the off chance that these ones with mufflers turn out to be pretty underwhelming (it looks like it will be an improvement over the Q50 sport exhaust w/ muffler, which many Q50 owners weren't a fan of for the price, but you never know). :D

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
My impatiens always gets the best of me. Was cursing when I seen this. Next week I'm sure I'll have the muffler delete pipes up for sale at a killer price.
Yeah, in this case mine did just that...I don't regret it but I do wish I had known it would be a few days before the mufflered version came out. I would have waited to listen to it. My Q60 is louder than my GTR I think now at start-up and that one has a full catback with high flow cats.

Lol, well I had the opportunity to hear the straight pipe version IRL and how they would be in stop-and-go Bay Area traffic so I was basically forced to wait for this one...haha.

In any case, it's always good to just wait anyways and let some of us deal with the hassle of returns/reselling, etc., just on the off chance that these ones with mufflers turn out to be pretty underwhelming (it looks like it will be an improvement over the Q50 sport exhaust w/ muffler, which many Q50 owners weren't a fan of for the price, but you never know). :D
Being in the middle of nowhere in TN, I never had the opportunity to listen to the sports exhaust. I'm only one of 2 Q60s in town (a black RS is somewhere in the area that I see once in a while). Other than being a little loud, the only issue I have with the straight pipe axleback is that it causes the floor of the car to vibrate around 1.5k rpm (at least in my car) which can be disconcerting. I have no issues with it while cruising but can certainly understand @jroymd and the folks who hit a lot of stop and go traffic in their daily commute. I'd probably hate it at that point myself...but thankfully I'm in the middle of nowhere and rarely drive the car more than an hour (it may see this a couple times a year).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Does anyone have any information on Canada ? And can we do this on a leased vehicle ? Thanks.
You can do it to a lease because it's not an aftermarket part. It's an infiniti part.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone have any information on Canada ? And can we do this on a leased vehicle ? Thanks.
For what it's worth I called my dealership in Toronto and they had no idea what I was talking about. They only had the non-muffler version. Could be that the person I spoke to just wasn't aware of it. I'm going to wait another week and call back, otherwise I'll order online.

I'm glad I waited to get the sports exhaust, I'd definitely prefer a little more subtle sound. Hope someone can post a vid when they get theirs installed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just ordered mine (muffler ver) from the dealer on eBay so I hope its true. I called 2 of my local shops and no one knew anything either. Not sure what to think but it says I should have it next week. Guess we will find out soon.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Just ordered mine (muffler ver) from the dealer on eBay so I hope its true. I called 2 of my local shops and no one knew anything either. Not sure what to think but it says I should have it next week. Guess we will find out soon.
Received an email from them stating they are getting the delivery on this coming Wednesday then will be shipping out the orders.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For those questioning the legitimacy, on the eBay listing:

***For customers who are trying to research this and their local dealerships are unable to find information, please tell them to refer to the Information Bulletin found through their dealership web portal under number IPSB-17-010 released on 5/8/17. This item is still very new and most dealerships are not aware of it yet.***

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For those questioning the legitimacy, on the eBay listing:

***For customers who are trying to research this and their local dealerships are unable to find information, please tell them to refer to the Information Bulletin found through their dealership web portal under number IPSB-17-010 released on 5/8/17. This item is still very new and most dealerships are not aware of it yet.***
Gwinnett Infiniti is legit, I know one of the people who works there...they are as reliable and professional as it gets.

Honestly, anyone questioning the legitimacy of the listing is not reading it all the way at all, which is crazy for an item that costs over $620...reading the listing description in its entirety should be the bare minimum on eBay, lol. ;)

1 - 20 of 187 Posts