Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daily drives includes some real crappy local roads in Houston. How does the Q60 handle the bumps? I know it's a sporty car, but any insight would be wonderful! I read the RC350 is pretty dreadful...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
There are several places on 288 where I lift my head off the headrest before the headrest does it for me. Performance cars have stiff suspensions.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I realize that this is a 'sports' car but I think the ride is harsher than I expected. My previous 'sports' car was a 370Z Touring/Sport that I thought was plenty firm. I think the Q60 might even be more firm. However, it might be all RF tire related as owners on this forum report that conventional tires offer a huge improvement in ride and handling. I was driving on some twisty back roads yesterday where the asphalt cracks had all been sealed with strands of tar. The Q60 felt like it was being pulled in all directions at once, a very disturbing ordeal. I have driven the same road in the 370Z with conventional tires without this problem. Again, I think this is due to the famous Dunlop RF's! Oh well...:)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I was driving on some twisty back roads yesterday where the asphalt cracks had all been sealed with strands of tar.
We call those tar snakes. Very exciting when you're leaned over hauling butt in a turn on a superbike and your tires roll over one. :eek:>:)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah the tires will make a difference in both ride and noise but it's really all about the ride you are coming from... Take your test ride through your route to work and learn first hand before you buy. Any dealer push back just say hey its part of the requirement. Had one dealer who wanted me to take the car for a day while another didn't want me to drive one unless I was serious LOL.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks Bevo. I knew they must have a 'name'... :)

Reactions: Bevo Horn
1 - 6 of 6 Posts