Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My bad...could a Mod move to the Review sub-forum?

·
Registered
591 Posts
They got the 4.4 using a timer with stability, traction control, and ATC turned off. Can't take that as the general time we average drivers will get. The other tries, they got times ranging from 5.2 to 4.6 seconds.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you're aiming for hitting the best 0-60 you need all of the nannies off. But it's going to vary from driver to driver. What rpm are they launching at ?

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
They got the 4.4 using a timer with stability, traction control, and ATC turned off. Can't take that as the general time we average drivers will get. The other tries, they got times ranging from 5.2 to 4.6 seconds.
Honestly, just changing the tires will give you a more repeatable 0-60. The rfts suck for traction, ride quality & road noise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmm..it must be customary or hipster to complain about the DAS....I haven't driven the new Q60, but I have driven the Q50 S with DAS and IMO, DAS was quite impressive. Did it have the feel of a Jag or say, a Lotus? Nope. So what...IMO.

I would agree with the ditching the RFT's...as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I plan to have them swap out the run flats and throw in a regular spare and jack equipment when I do pick one up!
Exactly what I did. Just have it negotiated into the deal.
I'm paying half of the cost for the standard tires (I went with Pirelli Zeros), and had that cost tacked onto my monthly payment. They agreed to throw in the spare (won't be available until mid-December) and jack.

I get to keep the run flats, and plan on unloading them via eBay or Craigslist.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm paying half of the cost for the standard tires (I went with Pirelli Zeros), and had that cost tacked onto my monthly payment. They agreed to throw in the spare (won't be available until mid-December) and jack.

So even though there is no spare that came with the car, there is a empty spot under the lining of the trunk to place a spare and equipment, correct?

·
Registered
26 Posts

That's a sweet deal. And if there is a spot for a spare under the lining- even better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
So even though there is no spare that came with the car, there is a empty spot under the lining of the trunk to place a spare and equipment, correct?
There is. A very small space. It won't be a full size spare, like the G37 had, but a donut. I threw a post up last week asking for someone with a RWD RS (which comes with standard tires) for more info, but no replies as of yet.
There is modeling for the jack and all of its components as well.

·
Registered
479 Posts
There is. A very small space. It won't be a full size spare, like the G37 had, but a donut. I threw a post up last week asking for someone with a RWD RS (which comes with standard tires) for more info, but no replies as of yet.
There is modeling for the jack and all of its components as well.
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I hate donut tires, prefer full size spares,lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
53 Posts
Here is a shot during the parade lap at Road Atlanta with the Z1 Motorsports Q60. We had a chance to do some testing during the 2016 Z Nationals. We are looking forward to working with this car and the things to come.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts