Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
you didn’t even have to go in?! Sheeshhh I’m about to email my tech some pics. I took off my turbo coupler. And there is a little oil. I really don’t want to take my bovs off. Mostly because I’m lazy. And part 2. There couldn’t be any possible way they would blame my bovs on the turbos going bad?
Yep . Saved alot of time for sure ! Get on it . The dealership didn't say anything when I just had it in about my oil catch can but thats kinda minor . lol . Proof means proof for me but the world does not revolve around me . lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey guys - sorry about a silly question - I'm not much of a mechanic my self and would like to see steps on how to perform this inspection my self. Would you know of any videos on that? I'm hearing some whirring noise that its getting me concerned, getting the car to Infiniti next week but if I could inspect them my selves it would be better. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
88 Posts
This should help . The drivers side is a little easier for me because it does'nt have a vent tube going to it .. At 15.44 you can see the passenger side tube out so you know what to look for . Sorry , the only one could find really.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This should help . The drivers side is a little easier for me because it does'nt have a vent tube going to it .. At 15.44 you can see the passenger side tube out so you know what to look for . Sorry , the only on could find really.
Seams I messed up my edit . woops.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just took it to my dealer, Infiniti of Tacoma at Fife. They inspected turbo and found oil on it. Turbos in order and about 3 weeks out.
I did have a vandalism recently. Some homeless guy smashed my rear windshield. At the shop getting it fixed under Geico.
Hate driving this rental, even though I got to choose an Audi A5 from enterprise, this thing can’t hold a candle against a Q60. I’d give Audi’s interior a little bit of credit but performance wise, no way. I do like the transmission in Audi a little better though haha

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
I did have a vandalism recently. Some homeless guy smashed my rear windshield. At the shop getting it fixed under Geico.
Did you park it on the street near CHOP, or...?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hahahaha no it wasn’t near cap hill. I was visiting my buddy in Tacoma. Or should I say Tacompton

·
Registered
839 Posts
How many miles on your Q?

My Red Sport has just over 25k miles on the original turbos. I've had either the JB4 or Ecutek tune since 12k miles.

Guess I'll check my turbos, although I'd be surprised since I don't see any oil consumption (5k mile OCIs).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I did not have any oil consumption either. My Q has 19k miles. It was still pretty evident that there was oil. On your intercooler, there’s a hose going from there to turbo neck. Two clamps. Easy to pop it out to check.

by the way, is ecutek gonna void warranty? I kinda want that crackle tune hahaha

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
P.s I do oil change every 2500 miles. It’s a waste but I manage a firestone store and oil change and tires, I can always get them for very cheap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did not have any oil consumption either. My Q has 19k miles. It was still pretty evident that there was oil. On your intercooler, there’s a hose going from there to turbo neck. Two clamps. Easy to pop it out to check.

by the way, is ecutek gonna void warranty? I kinda want that crackle tune hahaha
I'm gonna get the pop/crackle tune after I put the tune back on the car lol. I want something similar to the BMW M's and the new Supra. I don't care for the flame maps and stuff. Make sure you flash back to stock. If they check and see that the ECM was flashed and question you, just say you don't know. They didn't check mine when I got my injector replaced. Also, they updated the ECM so they should've seen the flash for the ECUtek.

Also, what Firestone do you manage?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm gonna get the pop/crackle tune after I put the tune back on the car lol. I want something similar to the BMW M's and the new Supra. I don't care for the flame maps and stuff. Make sure you flash back to stock. If they check and see that the ECM was flashed and question you, just say you don't know. They didn't check mine when I got my injector replaced. Also, they updated the ECM so they should've seen the flash for the ECUtek.

Also, what Firestone do you manage?
Sounds good! I like the approach of ‘nah that ain’t me’ I would probably get the tune done after the turbo replacement. I’m a manager down in federal way firestone in federal way, just down 30 mins south of Seattle

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just took it to my dealer, Infiniti of Tacoma at Fife. They inspected turbo and found oil on it. Turbos in order and about 3 weeks out.
Hate driving this rental, even though I got to choose an Audi A5 from enterprise, this thing can’t hold a candle against a Q60. I’d give Audi’s interior a little bit of credit but performance wise, no way. I do like the transmission in Audi a little better though haha
Sorry to hear about your rear window .ouch . My car's going to Fife infiniti too this Wednesday for its replacement turbos. I'm glad it's sooner than they told me it would be . Hopefully I don't get another suv type loaner . There's so much body sway triggers my vertigo .lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sewell Infiniti of Dallas. I would love to! Hopefully you get a technician that will suggest replacing both at the same time. And if you have any aftermarket upgrades done, you might not even have to go through the trouble of removing them. Ultimately, the decision is up to the technician servicing your vehicle. If you get a stickler he can try to deny the warranty claim due to the upgrade. But i think most techs will look past it because turbo replacements are a pretty well paying job and I know I wouldnt want to lose it.
May I ask ' Do you think I should take my OCC out ? It was just in for the 30k service and they didn't say anything about it .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey, nice to see a fellow member around my area! My car is supposed to be done tomorrow, I’m super excited to drive my car again!!
Who was your SA at Infiniti of Tacoma? Mine was this nice lady named Carrie but she worried me a little when she said on the note ‘inner cooler leaks’ hahaha

·
Registered
839 Posts
Who was your SA at Infiniti of Tacoma? Mine was this nice lady named Carrie but she worried me a little when she said on the note ‘inner cooler leaks’ hahaha
Since I'm in the North Sound, I use Infiniti of Lynnwood. Had a very knowledgeable SA up there until just prior to Covid, (I heard he went to a BMW dealer.) I'm not impressed with the replacement crew.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey, nice to see a fellow member around my area! My car is supposed to be done tomorrow, I’m super excited to drive my car again!!
Carrie is mine too . She been taking care of me for over a decade . Inner cooler , :unsure: lol. I wish better for you Iridium !
I'm thinkin leave my occ on since these have an obvious problem . So it seams a good idea for anyone with Q60s before 2020 to check their turbos for leaks since it seams to easily get by the techs when doing regular service. Thats my thoughts anyway . When mine are fixed I want to know exactly when my warranty is up because I'll be checking again for sure . Believe that !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah I was thinking if she was not very knowledged in turbo cars to spell it inner cooler but she also says she has a q50. If she has taken care of you for that long, I’m relieved. Hope my turbo gets here sooner!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I here what your saying . My parts came 3 weeks early to my surprise , I hope yours come early too . This is my first turbo car she helped me with actually though and the last time till recently she helped me was 10 years ago so . lol . I started out with infiniti of South center in 97 then they closed went to Kirkland and still had the same guy helping me that was knowlegable then had to go to Fife where he disappeared and she started helping me . I really liked the other guy that used to help me . He'd say " the dealership has gotta prove what I did messed it up " when it came to aftermarket parts .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I here what your saying . My parts came 3 weeks early to my surprise , I hope yours come early too . This is my first turbo car she helped me with actually though and the last time till recently she helped me was 10 years ago so . lol . I started out with infiniti of South center in 97 then they closed went to Kirkland and still had the same guy helping me that was knowlegable then had to go to Fife where he disappeared and she started helping me . I really liked the other guy that used to help me . He'd say " the dealership has gotta prove what I did messed it up " when it came to aftermarket parts .
Haha what a coincidence. I was on Pac Hwy E, driving to Caliber to pick up my car from busted windows being fixed and literally when I was about to pull into the shop, Carrie called and said turbos are in! It’s full week sooner than 3 weeks she told me. My car is going to the dealer today for about 3 days for the job

21 - 40 of 54 Posts