Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
May I ask ' Do you think I should take my OCC out ? It was just in for the 30k service and they didn't say anything about it .
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't logged into this forum in a while. Most techs won't make a big deal out of it. But if its something you can do relatively easy I would do it. If you do happen to get that 1 ******* technician who makes a deal out of it, they can possibly note it in the infiniti database and you may have a hard time trying to squeeze things under warranty. Its a small chance, but why risk it if the task is simple for you

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't logged into this forum in a while. Most techs won't make a big deal out of it. But if its something you can do relatively easy I would do it. If you do happen to get that 1 *** technician who makes a deal out of it, they can possibly note it in the infiniti database and you may have a hard time trying to squeeze things under warranty. Its a small chance, but why risk it if the task is simple for you
Thanks MTG . No worries . My dealership S.C. said no problem with O.C.C. but she recommended on stuff like BMS H.E. I may want to switch back before warranty servicing .;)
Man O man , thier doing 3 different cars this weak exchanging these turbos . I told her add one in Lynnwood . whew .
Tech said my O.C.C. line was collapsed on one side. I need to give it more slack I guess or elbo . What not to do when Installing O.C.C. lol.

That answers that .lol. I'm picking my car up tommorro as the job is completed .. Woot !!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks MTG . No worries . My dealership S.C. said no problem with O.C.C. but she recommended on stuff like BMS H.E. I may want to switch back before warranty servicing .;)
Man O man , thier doing 3 different cars this weak exchanging these turbos . I told her add one in Lynnwood . whew .
Tech said my O.C.C. line was collapsed on one side. I need to give it more slack I guess or elbo . What not to do when Installing O.C.C. lol.
View attachment 23111
That answers that .lol. I'm picking my car up tommorro as the job is completed .. Woot !!
Nice!! I talked to Carrie about you and so cool that Diamond is your actual name.
Carrie was awesome but the tech messed up. Stripped out my intercooler bolt when I asked them to put one in since it was missing when I bought it. Now I probably have to replace plenum cover because it is attached to the plenum. Just put my bov back on so I probably will do it myself instead of taking it back, I don’t think dealers will like seeing bov on it.
Also. This was just sitting on top of intercooler when I got home, I hope the tech put everything it needs to be secured but I can’t figure out where this came from.
Overall, good experience but I’d ask for a different tech next time.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Overall, good experience but I’d ask for a different tech next time.
The AMS HE on my '17 Q60 Red Sport was installed by the Shop Foreman at Infiniti in Lynnwood. No extra parts found after the installation.

Reactions: DiamondQ60

·
Registered
88 Posts
So the BMS HX is a problem for the dealer? Did I read that correctly?
Yep . but maybe elswhere its different . I did mention that they have to prove it too . But to be on safe side switch out she said . I wouldn't remove inless a specific issue pertaining to it though . But thats me .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sewell Infiniti of Dallas. I would love to! Hopefully you get a technician that will suggest replacing both at the same time. And if you have any aftermarket upgrades done, you might not even have to go through the trouble of removing them. Ultimately, the decision is up to the technician servicing your vehicle. If you get a stickler he can try to deny the warranty claim due to the upgrade. But i think most techs will look past it because turbo replacements are a pretty well paying job and I know I wouldnt want to lose it.
Sewell has always been great to deal with when I had my G37s coupe and my current ‘18 Q60 Red Sport.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I’m based out of Dallas, TX. I was recently about to install BOV on my car when I noticed the oil. I’m out of warranty, is there any cool dealer that would still replace them turbos?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, I’m based out of Dallas, TX. I was recently about to install BOV on my car when I noticed the oil. I’m out of warranty, is there any cool dealer that would still replace them turbos?
Depends. How far out are you? How many miles and when was the in service date? If you aren't sure of the in service date pm me your vin and I can tell you whether my shop can do it under warranty

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Funny thing to update. So I took out the bov just to inspect it again and still some oil on new turbos. I wonder that’s the nature of these cars

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have all of these same oil symptoms on my turbos and my dealership rejected the defect. They say it's normal...

41 - 54 of 54 Posts