Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this possible?

Q50 Red Sport 400 @ 3,853 lbs
Q60 Red Sport 400 @ 3,862 lbs

Wheelbase 112.2 inches for both.

I'm really going to be pissed if a sedan walks away from me at a traffic light. :mad:

Reactions: YGQ60

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting, where did you get these numbers from?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lose 9 lbs., and you won't have to worry about it anymore.:)
I'll just leave the spare tire at home. Oh wait...

·
Registered
175 Posts
The coupe has always been heavier than the sedan, and yes, the sedan has been a tad bit faster as well if all things being equal (mostly a driver's race and auto vs manual). If you remember, the G37 coupe was tuned to 330 hp (Z was 332) as compared to sedan's 327hp.

IDK if that is the case for the turbo'd engines yet. There has not been a full test by the major car mags to conclude.

It has something to do with the reinforced two doors.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I recall the difference use to be alot more, but 9lbs is pretty insignificant, then it will come down to which driver is fatter, lol.
I could get beat by a girl :crying:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Reactions: Garnoch

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is all the metal they use when the weld the back doors shut.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
591 Posts
... I don't know where my mind went with that...

9 lbs isn't a lot, but just to make sure you'll have to find a Q50 red sport 400 and race them. Maybe their nose will be a quarter of an inch ahead of the Q60 in a dead sprint from a stop, but the difference is so minimal.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
... I don't know where my mind went with that...

9 lbs isn't a lot, but just to make sure you'll have to find a Q50 red sport 400 and race them. Maybe their nose will be a quarter of an inch ahead of the Q60 in a dead sprint from a stop, but the difference is so minimal.
Yeah, but two extra doors and all that trunk space? It doesn't seem fair :laugh:

·
Registered
61 Posts
The extra weight is due to our coupes missing the middle B pillar which the sedans have between the doors. That requires the coupes to have a stiffer chassis which adds weight. You can feel how much heavier the doors are on our Q60s. Would not surprise me at all if the Q50s were a tad faster, but I'll take the Q60s sexier exterior any day over the Q50.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The extra weight is due to our coupes missing the middle B pillar which the sedans have between the doors. That requires the coupes to have a stiffer chassis which adds weight. You can feel how much heavier the doors are on our Q60s. Would not surprise me at all if the Q50s were a tad faster, but I'll take the Q60s sexier exterior any day over the Q50.
On the bright side, people driving 4-door Sedans are (probably?) statistically more likely to have a passenger inside than someone driving a Coupe...so there goes any weight advantage they'd have should you ever have to line up next to a Q50 RS 400 at a light...and if they have AWD and you have RWD...even better. :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
On the bright side, people driving 4-door Sedans are (probably?) statistically more likely to have a passenger inside than someone driving a Coupe...so there goes any weight advantage they'd have should you ever have to line up next to a Q50 RS 400 at a light...and if they have AWD and you have RWD...even better. :D
The AWD has a faster 0-60 though

1 - 20 of 33 Posts