Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!!

I am new to the forum but just 2 months ago took ownership of a pearl white Q60RS 400 (AWD). I have had no issues for my first 1000 miles but now twice in 2 weeks as I put the car in reverse the backup camera goes black (top screen) and stays off until I shut the car off and turn it back on. I have seen this on the forum for the Q50RS and other years but now I am getting a bit worried since mine is a 2017. I was hoping this would be resoled. Anyone experiencing this? Thanks!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds like a quick run to the dealership is in your future.

TBH, I wouldn't worry too much once you take it back to get it checked-out. However, if it persists thereafter, then begin to worry.

In any event, I would start documenting the issue now...if it prolongs and the dealership seems inept, then find another dealership if feasible. Still not satisfied at that point, then get corporate involved. For the most part, they've been pretty responsive to resolve any bugs and issues.

You are a first model run buyer (lessee), there are bound to be little issues like this to flare up sporadically throughout any first year model line-up...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I am prepared for that... I was just hoping if this was an issue with the Q50 it might have been worked out for the new 2017's. But Thanks!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Make sure you are as detailed as you can with how you log it just so when you take it in they have a higher chance of being able to replicate it. Not always when they try to replicate an issue does it work, big waste of time for the owner. Keep us posted on how things go.

·
Registered
2019 Q60S, dynamic sunstone red
17 Posts
Same problem here. I just posted description on site. Only 1800 miles on my '17 red sport 400. Did you get it resolved?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
The camera may be dead.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just posted a suggestion in the other thread, but I'll add it here.

Reboot the Intouch system 3 times in a row. You reboot by pressing and holding the volume button while the car is on. If the problem persists, shoot a video and take it to the dealer. Video is because you'll never be able to reproduce the problem in the Service Drive at the dealership so you can show your service advisor the video. We have a special force field in the driveway that prevents electronic gremlins from activating until you're half way home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts