Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i'm leasing a 2017 Q60S, i got it last October, in beginning of the may i had a maintenance with an oil change and filters, a week after my car started to lose power (acceleration), muffler sound changed,( it became more dull and quiet, car wasn't anywhere near what it used to be, when you try to give it gas and accelerate, few days after a engine light came on, so i took it to the dealer.
cause: water temperature sensor. (exhaust gas temperature sensor), because the car is too new they dont have the proper tools right now, and special tool was in the process of being manufactured to replace the part.
anyways infinity tried to proceed to fix my problems with what they have, it took 3 weeks to get the part delivered from japan, then few days for them to installing it. while installing it. (bit snapped off seizing the turbine. bit fell into housing-one) so they had to replace my turbo charger B1.
when i got the car back, it felt fine, i experienced the same feeling when i just picked it up. feeling was beautiful.
a week after, same problem came back. i had to wait a week due to my work schedule, then took it for diagnostics but i already knew it will be the same cause.

cause: water temperature sensor. (exhaust gas temperature sensor) #2
now question. if anyone knows, i couldn't find any information about it. does the car has 2 water temperature sensor. (exhaust gas temperature sensor)
or only one?
and other question has anyone experience the same issue? or know anything about it? and other question i have is what if when they were changing the oil, the filter they installed can it be defective or cause something like that?
thanks for reading.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Oil filter should not affect any temperature sensor. I'm kind of confused by your post. Water temperature and exhaust gas temperature are two different things. Are you getting warnings for both? Where do you live?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oil filter should not affect any temperature sensor. I'm kind of confused by your post. Water temperature and exhaust gas temperature are two different things. Are you getting warnings for both? Where do you live?
im from Canada, Toronto
im not getting any warning on my dashboard (only engine light comes on)
the water temperature sensor and the exhaust gas temperature sensor those two problems is what i have, and i also read their report on trying to fix the problem.
also in the report it says sensor fault B1 - passenger side. ( when i came back now they said my B2 sensor is F....) so thats why i ask if anyone one knew about if there is more then one.

also wanted to ask, i havent seen it in real life yet, (INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem) how is it?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
im from Canada, Toronto
im not getting any warning on my dashboard (only engine light comes on)
the water temperature sensor and the exhaust gas temperature sensor those two problems is what i have, and i also read their report on trying to fix the problem.
also wanted to ask, i havent seen it in real life yet, (INFINITI Radiant Grille Emblem) how is it?
Haha I'm sorry I just couldn't resist, but the Check Engine Light is in fact a warning on your dash.

I think the Radiant Grille is a bit much for my tastes to be honest, but there are a few others on here with pics of it I think. I do recall reading if you had the tech package you had to lose the front camera in the grille to power the lit emblem.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
My RS has the factory Radiant Emblem. I guess it's cool, but I wouldn't bother ordering one as an add-on.

Since the car has twin turbos then it probably has twin exhaust sensors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haha I'm sorry I just couldn't resist, but the Check Engine Light is in fact a warning on your dash.

I think the Radiant Grille is a bit much for my tastes to be honest, but there are a few others on here with pics of it I think. I do recall reading if you had the tech package you had to lose the front camera in the grille to power the lit emblem.
you wont be laughing when your car goes to poop and a Toyota corolla will be faster then your poop box with infiniti logo which you paid 64,000$ for ;)

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Also, according to the VR30's coolant diagram there is only ONE Engine Coolant Temp Sensor (part# 2263044B20).

However there are two Exhaust Gas Temp Sensors (part# 226305CA0A).

Reactions: Morpheus

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
you wont be laughing when your car goes to **** and a Toyota corolla will be faster then your **** box with infiniti logo which you paid 64,000$ for ;)
HAHAH actually I probably would, but that would be only to mask the tears.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awesome thank bud, sorry im a little frustrated, my first car and i pre-ordered it in may to only receive it in october, and its been less then a year and already having problems for 3 months now, the fact that they need a special tool called "techline" to remove and install the part which is only in process of being manufactured...... just past three months been frustrating

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I'd be beyond angry too. It's ridiculous they don't have the tool for replacing a sensor that is, BY DESIGN, meant to be replaced if they have a problem. It sounds like you just got the bad luck of getting a Q60 with some faulty sensors tho, so at least the problem is addressable.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Wow, keep us posted as you learn more. I know it's a lease and that this is in Toronto, but is there an option to Lemon Law the car and get Infiniti to just straight up replace it? I too would be angry if my new car spent such a significant amount of time in the shop. I know there's no excuses for poor service work but keep in mind that the techs aren't really the cause of parts/sensors etc failing most of the time. It comes down to bad luck and poor quality mostly. As I said though, that doesn't excuse the service department from poorly performed work especially when the work to fix ends up causing more damage to the car and means more time in the shop.

Hopefully, Infiniti has had you in a decent loaner car while all this bull has been going down. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Wow, keep us posted as you learn more. I know it's a lease and that this is in Toronto, but is there an option to Lemon Law the car and get Infiniti to just straight up replace it? I too would be angry if my new car spent such a significant amount of time in the shop. I know there's no excuses for poor service work but keep in mind that the techs aren't really the cause of parts/sensors etc failing most of the time. It comes down to bad luck and poor quality mostly. As I said though, that doesn't excuse the service department from poorly performed work especially when the work to fix ends up causing more damage to the car and means more time in the shop.

Hopefully, Infiniti has had you in a decent loaner car while all this bull has been going down. :)
regarding Lemon Law, we dont have it in canada, but when i spoke with sales person, if my problem will continue they will replace my car with the new car.... but then again thats just words, until i see it and they will do it, i dont believe those empty promises

nissan sentra 2017 base model for 3 weeks was actualy faster then my :D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Reactions: Morpheus

·
Registered
37 Posts
nissan sentra 2017 base model for 3 weeks was actualy faster then my :D
Wow! That is shocking! :eek: Do they lend you an Infiniti when you go for maintenance or oil change? My dealer always have brand new or very low mileage Infiniti loaners and I'm in Quebec!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just went on the forum to look up this problem. My CEL just turned on as well and the car isn't at its full potential. Takes some time to accelerate (similar to my g37 coupe). I live in California and will be taking it to the dealer to see exactly what it is

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Toronto and think I just suffered same issue yesterday, I use Markham Infiniti so I hope I don't have the same issues you did

2017 Q60 RS Pearl White

1 - 18 of 18 Posts