Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’ve got a question for you. I plan on getting tuned soon and I’m concerned about traction in my RWD Q60 RS400. What size rim/offset do you think would fit my Q?

I’d like to go with 325/30/19 tires. I’m not lowered and I’m currently running 285/35/19 tires (Continental Extreme Contact Sport) on stock 19” RS wheels with DDS.

I’ve been looking on the Q60 forums and FB but there really isn’t a whole lot of information about wide tire setups like these on the Q60. I saw one guy running 325/25/20s on his Q50 though. Reached out to him but didn’t get a response. I figured if he was able to do it on his Q50 then the wider Q60 should be able to fit something like that as well.

I used sites like “willtheyfit” but I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to wheel setups and those websites aren’t helping much.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hey guys I’ve got a question for you. I plan on getting tuned soon and I’m concerned about traction in my RWD Q60 RS400.
Spinning ain't winning. Before you splurge on a wider tire, consider that the stock rear diff is "open", so power is only going through one wheel. I would suggest you invest in a LSD. You'll have a choice of a Helical LSD from Z1 Motorsports, a Wavetech LSD from AMS Performance, or a Locker-type LSD from Traction Concepts.

Z1 Motorsports

AMS Performance

Traction Concepts

Even with my Q having AWD, I will also investing in a LSD in the near future, since even with AWD, only two of the four wheels are actually engaged (1 front/1 rear).

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'm running 255/35 all around on 20x10+20. No one has a good answer for me on how wide I can run. I'm also on bags, so that also helps limit the width I can go. I'm planning on going 285/30 in the back and stick with my 255/35s up front, but I wish I could go as wide as 305. I don't think that's possible though. I only decided on 285/30 because I've seen someone else with the same wheel setup do it.

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can tell you the maximum width you can run in the rear is 12" with minimal poke / camber. I have 20x12+40 with 325/25. I am running about -2 to -2.5 camber. Any more camber I will risk the wheel hitting the coilover at full compression. The wheel pokes out about .25" from the quarter panel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My suggestion would be to use a tire size calculator and get the overall width of your current tires vs the tires you want to run. Divide that number in half then measure between your current tire and the shock for clearance. Its best to measure with the car jacked up cause the suspension will be expanded to its closest contact point. Also might be a good idea to put weight on the car for fender clearance on the outer edge. Im running 285/35 on 19x11 with 44 offset and have plenty of clearance each way. I think my next tires will probably a 305/30.
Q602.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts