Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know by any chance what the dark maple wood trim part numbers are for the Q60 interior trim?

I've got a line on some cf interior trim pcs (black full cf), but still think the dark maple wood looks nicer and would prefer to order that instead to replace my silver cf trim when my car comes in.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me identify the part numbers for the trim pcs (think it's 3 pcs in total - 2 for the doors and one for the center console in cupholder region).

Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'd call the parts department if no one knows. Mine was really helpful. If you get a VIN from someone with the dark maple wood, it will make it easier for them.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd call the parts department if no one knows. Mine was really helpful. If you get a VIN from someone with the dark maple wood, it will make it easier for them.
I've asked my dealer if they can find out the cost and p/n for me but that's a good idea to use the VIN of an existing car. Might be able to find out posted online or get them to pull one they have in inventory with the option and see if they can get the p/n that way for me.

Unfortunately, it's not been made available online and digging through the various vehicle trim pcs I could find hasn't turned up anything yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Great News!! - My contact came through with p/ns for the dark maple wood trim. I had a few questions in follow up. They had 7 p/n listed which was different from the 5pcs I expected. So they are confirming and will let me know sometime soon.

The cost for the 7pcs came out to about $1,500 USD but I think it's possible to get them for less. Installation wasn't included.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Great News!! - My contact came through with p/ns for the dark maple wood trim. I had a few questions in follow up. They had 7 p/n listed which was different from the 5pcs I expected. So they are confirming and will let me know sometime soon.

The cost for the 7pcs came out to about $1,500 USD but I think it's possible to get them for less. Installation wasn't included.
I wonder if they actually found the Q50 trim pieces? That would explain the extra two for the rear doors.

I think it's weird the colors/types aren't designated in the parts listings. The odd thing is that regular Nissan does differentiate colors/types in its parts listings, or at least it did when I was looking for some interior parts on my 2012 car. It definitely makes life hard for the Infiniti parts departments.

Anyway, you'll have to post pictures once you get everything modified. I personally like both carbon fiber colors, but the dark wood will look nice, too.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if they actually found the Q50 trim pieces? That would explain the extra two for the rear doors.

I think it's weird the colors/types aren't designated in the parts listings. The odd thing is that regular Nissan does differentiate colors/types in its parts listings, or at least it did when I was looking for some interior parts on my 2012 car. It definitely makes life hard for the Infiniti parts departments.

Anyway, you'll have to post pictures once you get everything modified. I personally like both carbon fiber colors, but the dark wood will look nice, too.
That's a very good point. One that I didn't consider. Both the Q50 & Q60 have a maple wood trim interior option but the Q60 gets the dark wood which I prefer over the tan/brown wood trim. The door trim pieces are different sizes between the Q50 & Q60 as well.

I haven't decided if I'll get it tbh. That's a lot of money to add some interior flair but not much else. I'm all for personalizing but I'd have a tough time justifying it unless I already knew for a fact I could get recoup much of the cost by selling the silver cf trim.

I may just end up taking it to the local wrap shop and have them overlay with vinyl (maybe an ebony wood vinyl or a cf overlay). If I go with the cf overlay, it's not entirely fake since it's vinyl cf over real cf. I may even get the exterior OEM cf bits overlaid to protect the finish of those parts since the resin used in cf parts degrades from UV exposure.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I'm having a mirrored disco ball installed in mine. The dealership says they'll need to keep it a week for the install.

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's a very good point. One that I didn't consider. Both the Q50 & Q60 have a maple wood trim interior option but the Q60 gets the dark wood which I prefer over the tan/brown wood trim. The door trim pieces are different sizes between the Q50 & Q60 as well.

I haven't decided if I'll get it tbh. That's a lot of money to add some interior flair but not much else. I'm all for personalizing but I'd have a tough time justifying it unless I already knew for a fact I could get recoup much of the cost by selling the silver cf trim.

I may just end up taking it to the local wrap shop and have them overlay with vinyl (maybe an ebony wood vinyl or a cf overlay). If I go with the cf overlay, it's not entirely fake since it's vinyl cf over real cf. I may even get the exterior OEM cf bits overlaid to protect the finish of those parts since the resin used in cf parts degrades from UV exposure.
Maybe if you bide your time, you'll find someone who doesn't like their wood trim and would like to swap? Hit me up in a year and I'll see what I think haha. My wait should be over in about 2 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe if you bide your time, you'll find someone who doesn't like their wood trim and would like to swap? Hit me up in a year and I'll see what I think haha. My wait should be over in about 2 weeks.
Or it might show up on fleabay from a crashed car. I've always wondered...does it bring bad juju if you install parts from a crashed car into your own?

Like, if you found the smoldering wreck of Christine with a usable steering wheel and you transplanted it into your car, would that be bad? Are you just begging the universe to come after you? I wonder.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Or it might show up on fleabay from a crashed car. I've always wondered...does it bring bad juju if you install parts from a crashed car into your own?

Like, if you found the smoldering wreck of Christine with a usable steering wheel and you transplanted it into your car, would that be bad? Are you just begging the universe to come after you? I wonder.
I think it does.. but I've been told if you burn sage whilst installing the parts, you're all good. Just keep it lighting in the car the whole time though.. the difficulty to work in all the smoke proves you worthy.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Christine? That would so be mine >:)

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Better news than before! It looks like they had some of the parts wrong. I sent them a marked up picture with arrows showing the trim pieces I was interested in and I think that helped.

Cost of the pieces have dropped in half per the latest quote they sent. I've countered with a lower price based on what I can get from a prominent online Infiniti estore I've used before (for the all weather mats and sports grille w/ ICC) and will see what they say.

But it's looking a lot cheaper than before. I could always spend the $450 or so for all 5pcs and get my local guys to do the work. Probably end up dropping less than $600 total doing it that way which would be more than worth it to me given I get the awesomeness of the dark maple wood interior. I'd like to give my selling dealer a chance to lose the business first.

Once everything is said and done, I'll post up the p/ns if anyone is interested. If someone wants to be the guinea pig before me, PM me and I'll send you the p/ns :-D

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it does.. but I've been told if you burn sage whilst installing the parts, you're all good. Just keep it lighting in the car the whole time though.. the difficulty to work in all the smoke proves you worthy.
Is that what the young'uns are calling it nowadays? :D

What was wrong with burning Mary J...oh I see...can't really say that out loud I guess!

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As promised previously, here are the part numbers for the dark maple wood trim if anyone is interested in the conversion:

- Escutcheon-Front Door, Left-Hand Part Number: 808815CB1B
- Escutcheon-Front Door, Right-Hand Part Number: 808805CB0B
- Console Box Assembly-Floor, Rear Part Number: 969505CB1A
- Finisher-Instrument Part Number: 684125CA1A
- Finisher-Instrument Part Number: 684135CA1A

The best deals I could find on these are on the following sites (note: Grubbs Infiniti is slightly more but I've used them previously; I have no experience with infinitipartsonline):
- Infiniti Parts & Accessories OEM Genuine Nissan | Grubbs Infiniti Parts
- Infiniti® Parts Online - InfinitiPartsOnline.com?

My trim pieces are on order thru' my dealer. They are charging me more at around $550 before tax but they did negotiate with me down from $900 and I prefer to stick with them for peace of mind (if they made a mistake on p/ns or the trim pcs are damaged for instance, I can hold them responsible, etc). I will also have my silver cf trim pieces that I may try to sell to recoup a few hundred.

Feel free to ping me if you have any questions. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$550 seems like a great deal. Can't wait to see how it looks.
I sincerely hope it looks good. I'm kinda jumping the gun here and thought a little about it but decided that I'd probably have to wait some time for the trim to come in anyhow so I figured I'd just kick it off and let it sit at my dealer for when my car comes in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts