Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my test drive yesterday, I noticed that the audio system showed folders on my usb drive in the order that they were placed on the drive. I didn't have time to mess with the settings. Is it possible to show folders alphabetically?

Also, the RS I drove showed the regular sound setting screen with bass, treble, balance, fade, speed control sound settings if I remember correctly. Have they gotten rid of anything to turn on/off Bose's centerpoint software?

Didn't get any pics but will try to post my review soon. Got about 20-30 mins in an AWD RS 400.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Also, the RS I drove showed the regular sound setting screen with bass, treble, balance, fade, speed control sound settings if I remember correctly. Have they gotten rid of anything to turn on/off Bose's centerpoint software?.
I'm in a loaner 2017 Q50 until my RS arrives, but the infotainment should be the same. The more detailed audio settings are in the settings menu (settings-audio-sound settings)

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in a loaner 2017 Q50 until my RS arrives, but the infotainment should be the same. The more detailed audio settings are in the settings menu (settings-audio-sound settings)
Thanks 1701-64D. That's what I'm hoping although the system in the one I tested didn't need much adjustment at all for clarity imo. I tested multiple genres of music and all sounded pretty good to my ears.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks 1701-64D. That's what I'm hoping although the system in the one I tested didn't need much adjustment at all for clarity imo. I tested multiple genres of music and all sounded pretty good to my ears.
I totally agree. Sound is my livelihood and I was really impressed for a stock system - and happily surprised being I disliked the pre 2017 Q50 sound so much. As for the additional sound settings, 1701-64D is definitely correct.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I totally agree. Sound is my livelihood and I was really impressed for a stock system - and happily surprised being I disliked the pre 2017 Q50 sound so much. As for the additional sound settings, 1701-64D is definitely correct.
Thank you Garnoch.

I was really happy with the audio system. Now my big thing is trying to understand how the usb is read by the headunit. If it can be set up to read folders alphabetically, that's best for me. What I witnessed were folders being shown in the order they were placed on the usb dongle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the owners manual, starting around page 64 is where it goes through the various USB settings. There is an online manual available but my post count isnt enough yet to post the link here. Although I did not see anything definitive on changing the folder order, it might get you close to the settings you need to figure it out.

I think you click on the Folder list then there is a little "sprocket" looking icon for advanced settings (IIRC)

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the owners manual, starting around page 64 is where it goes through the various USB settings. There is an online manual available but my post count isnt enough yet to post the link here. Although I did not see anything definitive on changing the folder order, it might get you close to the settings you need to figure it out.

I think you click on the Folder list then there is a little "sprocket" looking icon for advanced settings (IIRC)
Thanks kahboom. That pointed me towards the answer which can be found in the Q60 Intouch Manual - https://owners.infinitiusa.com/cont...n/2017/2017-infiniti-InTouch-owner-manual.pdf

Short story, no way to change the order of the folders. It is based on the write order which sucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Drive Sort!!!

Short story, no way to change the order of the folders. It is based on the write order which sucks.
Good news.... this is wrong... lol... I had this issue on two of my previous vehicles and I found a solution that worked... It also works perfectly with my Q60.

I use a program called Drive Sort ... if I can find a link to download it, I'll post it on here... but I've had it for quite some time. This program allows you to sort and save your own order for folders on usb drives. The default when you click on the sort button is that it sorts the folders alphabetically.... then you hit a save button and presto... you're ready to go. However....... the cool thing is that you can change the tag on folders OR individual tracks on the back end so that it sorts the way you want. For instance... I have folders for "New Albums 2016" "New Albums 2015" etc... and I want those folders and albums to show up first... so I've changed the back end sort tag/value to "A1, A2" etc... so that they always appear first in my list.... and then I have all of the albums sorted alphabetically.... and all of the tracks beneath the albums (by default) sort by the track number.

It's very awesome.... there are other programs similar to drive sort.. just have to do a bit of digging to find them but it's awesome. :nerd:

Reactions: kahboom

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news.... this is wrong... lol... I had this issue on two of my previous vehicles and I found a solution that worked... It also works perfectly with my Q60.

I use a program called Drive Sort ... if I can find a link to download it, I'll post it on here... but I've had it for quite some time. This program allows you to sort and save your own order for folders on usb drives. The default when you click on the sort button is that it sorts the folders alphabetically.... then you hit a save button and presto... you're ready to go. However....... the cool thing is that you can change the tag on folders OR individual tracks on the back end so that it sorts the way you want. For instance... I have folders for "New Albums 2016" "New Albums 2015" etc... and I want those folders and albums to show up first... so I've changed the back end sort tag/value to "A1, A2" etc... so that they always appear first in my list.... and then I have all of the albums sorted alphabetically.... and all of the tracks beneath the albums (by default) sort by the track number.

It's very awesome.... there are other programs similar to drive sort.. just have to do a bit of digging to find them but it's awesome. :nerd:
I downloaded it yesterday and plan to try it out. Hopefully, I can get it to work. I have only about 20gigs of music but it's a pain having to load it all on every time I get something new. I'm glad to hear it works for you. That gives me some confidence.

Nissan has one some of the most inconsistent HU setups. My GTR shows folders alphabetically which no song limit per folder, my old Q60 showed them based on write order with no song limit, the Q50 in write order with no limit, my Juke alphabetically with a song limit, my Versa note alphabetically with a song limit, and the wife's Murano alphabetically with a song limit. Not sure why they can't just be consistent.

BTW, for anyone else interested - https://techmadeplain.com/2014/how-to-sort-music-flash-drive-car-stereo/

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's why I just use an ipod. The car interface is very clean, and works exactly like an ipod (artists, playlists, etc...).
Gotcha...I'm not an Apple person. Bought a couple of the ipods when they first came out but never liked that you couldn't just drag and drop music onto the device and had to go through software. Wife stopped using them after we switched computers and Apple tried to make her pay for music she had bought all over again despite it being the same account and the old computer being deactivated.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Gotcha...I'm not an Apple person. Bought a couple of the ipods when they first came out but never liked that you couldn't just drag and drop music onto the device and had to go through software. Wife stopped using them after we switched computers and Apple tried to make her pay for music she had bought all over again despite it being the same account and the old computer being deactivated.
Yes, a lot of that can get complicated. I never buy music from Apple. I just use the itunes interface and ipod, which makes everything simple in the car. Plus, I like podcasts, and apple makes that easy, too. I'm PC/android for everything else.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm an Apple guy but understand both of your workflows and reasons. I have an Apple Music family subscriptions on my iPhone but keep thinking I may just stick an iPod in the center console. I'm not sure what will be better in my case, but I'll have to play around with it when the car is in my hands.

A little more on topic though... I'll be connecting two Lighting cables (and have a micro USB cable available) to both USB ports so whoever I'm driving with can easily play their music instead without me having to disconnect. From what I have read in the manual, only one USB works at a time of course, but you should be able to simply select which one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts