Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys -

I posted a few days ago about an experience I had with the DAS in my new 2017 Q60 RS. I took my car in to have welcome light installed and I think the dealer disconnected the battery for a long time and when I got car back it pulled HARD to the right right as I left dealership. Make a long story short, the DAS got un-calibrated. There are a lot of postings from the Q50 2014 about the DAS system and infiniti has a bulletin how to re-calibrate it. The dealer did it but I noticed the car was still pulling slightly at higher speeds. So, last night, I re-calibrated myself, and it is perfect now. i assume dealer re-calibrated it on a road that wasnt straight or they had the wheel slightly off center during the process.

The process is:

Turn off car (~30 secs), Turn back on
Make sure wheel is centered
Turn 90' to left, 90' right and repeat a few times (I did not stop at center)
Pull out onto road, get her up to about 40-45 mph and hold car center. DAS will re-calibrate in a few secs. Make sure road is straight, not bumpy, etc..

D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a DAS failure yesterday.

I pulled into a dead end and tried to do a three point turn to get out. On the final left turn to drive out of it I turned hard left and heard a ‘CLINK’ sound. It was the magnetic steering rod connecting. DAS failed and my new center was the wheel at a 90 deg turn angle to drive straight.

Shutting off the car and restarting fixed it. Haven’t had any other failures. Im slightly off Centre tho so will try recal from OP - thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a DAS failure yesterday.

I pulled into a dead end and tried to do a three point turn to get out. On the final left turn to drive out of it I turned hard left and heard a ‘CLINK’ sound. It was the magnetic steering rod connecting. DAS failed and my new center was the wheel at a 90 deg turn angle to drive straight.

Shutting off the car and restarting fixed it. Haven’t had any other failures. Im slightly off Centre tho so will try recal from OP - thanks!
Had a similar thing happen to me as well on a 3 point turn. Also, the other day when the wife was on the driver seat (and selected her profile as driver) the DAS was complety off, wife was driving for a first couple miles with the driving wheel upside down lol, thx god I read about this thread before and just recalibrated the DAS and it went back to work. Maybe something to do after my installing down springs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys -

I posted a few days ago about an experience I had with the DAS in my new 2017 Q60 RS. I took my car in to have welcome light installed and I think the dealer disconnected the battery for a long time and when I got car back it pulled HARD to the right right as I left dealership. Make a long story short, the DAS got un-calibrated. There are a lot of postings from the Q50 2014 about the DAS system and infiniti has a bulletin how to re-calibrate it. The dealer did it but I noticed the car was still pulling slightly at higher speeds. So, last night, I re-calibrated myself, and it is perfect now. i assume dealer re-calibrated it on a road that wasnt straight or they had the wheel slightly off center during the process.

The process is:

Pull out onto road, get her up to about 40-45 mph and hold car center. DAS will re-calibrate in a few secs. Make sure road is straight, not bumpy, etc..

D
Hey Guys -

The process is:

D
So I purchased a 2017 Q60 AWD sport a few months ago and I quickly noticed that on certain roads that my front wheels would seemingly wobble laterally. They were short choppy wobbles left to right feeling like someone was trying to control my car. The worst roads to travel were roads that were under construction. I had to fight the steering wheel to maintain my position in the center of the lane. Lord knows this was frustrating and very dangerous. I immediately joined this forum searching and searching and searching until I happened upon this post just yesterday. I followed your directions and miraculously and immediately the lateral shake was completely gone. That was the one thing preventing me from completely loving this vehicle and now all is well. I appreciate you and I thank you for posting this fix.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,622 Posts
So I purchased a 2017 Q60 AWD sport a few months ago and I quickly noticed that on certain roads that my front wheels would seemingly wobble laterally. They were short choppy wobbles left to right feeling like someone was trying to control my car. The worst roads to travel were roads that were under construction. I had to fight the steering wheel to maintain my position in the center of the lane. Lord knows this was frustrating and very dangerous. I immediately joined this forum searching and searching and searching until I happened upon this post just yesterday. I followed your directions and miraculously and immediately the lateral shake was completely gone. That was the one thing preventing me from completely loving this vehicle and now all is well. I appreciate you and I thank you for posting this fix.
Check out this link: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=47

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 DSST

I looked em up. They’re the run flats.
The RFTs are notorious for tramlining, which can contribute to the wandering feeling when driving on the highway.

In my case, I went away from the RFTs and went with Michelin A/S 3+'s. As for not having a spare, I purchased a flat tire inflator kit off Amazon. The A/S 3+'s are so much better than the Dunlop RFTs - no squirm, great grip, and less noisy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The RFTs are notorious for tramlining, which can contribute to the wandering feeling when driving on the highway.

In my case, I went away from the RFTs and went with Michelin A/S 3+'s. As for not having a spare, I purchased a flat tire inflator kit off Amazon. The A/S 3+'s are so much better than the Dunlop RFTs - no squirm, great grip, and less noisy.
Just bought the same tires, a bit wider than stock, and feels like a different car. I see why these tires are soo highly rated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm guessing that this DAS recalibration might resolve pulling and random failures such as described above, but it does not seem to do anything for correcting a slightly off center steering wheel. Mine is maybe 2 to 4 degrees off center and an alignment has absolutely no effect. I tried the DAS reset noted here, but again, no change.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,622 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
You mean a four wheel alignment?
Yes. The techs at the tire store tried three times to center the steering wheel using the traditional method via the tie rods, but without the Nissan Tool (Consult III) the steering wheel always sits in the same position.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,622 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts