Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, installing Seibon rear diffuser and need to remove the rear bumper for correct installation. Anyone have a how to or know where all the bolts are hidden before I do digging around? I'd rather not remove anything that I don't have to and I want to ensure I don't damage anything by yanking before everything is unbolted etc. 2018 q60 /

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey all, installing Seibon rear diffuser and need to remove the rear bumper for correct installation. Anyone have a how to or know where all the bolts are hidden before I do digging around? I'd rather not remove anything that I don't have to and I want to ensure I don't damage anything by yanking before everything is unbolted etc. 2018 q60 /
No need to remove the back bumper. The factory diffuser simply unscrews (4 bolts) and unclips and the Seibon takes it's place. I did the swap 3 months ago and very simple.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does the Seibon come with the clips on top like OEM? I have a gloss black diffuser from eBay that doesn't have the clips so I will have to use self tapping screws to hold the top section on. Double sided VHB tape won't hold it due to the uneven surface and I don't trust just the tape. I'd also rather not drill or use the screws if Seibon comes with the clips.

No need to remove the back bumper. The factory diffuser simply unscrews (4 bolts) and unclips and the Seibon takes it's place. I did the swap 3 months ago and very simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the Seibon come with the clips on top like OEM? I have a gloss black diffuser from eBay that doesn't have the clips so I will have to use self tapping screws to hold the top section on. Double sided VHB tape won't hold it due to the uneven surface and I don't trust just the tape. I'd also rather not drill or use the screws if Seibon comes with the clips.
the Siebon does use the clips/taps on top, four mounting points on the bottom and then 4 additional from "behind" (fyi, bolts from behind are too small and fall thru the factory hole, added large washer. the taps on top are the reason you need to remove the bumber in order to bend around correctly. the bumber removal was very easy actually, two bolts thru the wheel well, multiple retaining clips. the hardest part was removing the tail lights. after fighting for hours I figured out the white tab on the back of the tail light, needs squeezed and it will finally push out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.