Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some searching I’ve found that there really aren’t that many options out there for a not so expensive quality diffuser. Can anyone shoot me some links preferably looking for on that’ll take the place of the OEM diffuser without drilling

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
looks awesome man 💪 does this piece fit into the OEM mounting tabs? if so i’m sold
Yes, the OEM diffuser has sprung-tabs that engage slots across the top, and you have two screws on either end. Iirc, there are also 3-4 push rivets along the bottom to remove. When removing the OEM diffuser, I pushed the sprung tabs from the back side vs trying to pull them out the back, because I feared I bust the tabs (in case I ever re-sold the OEM diffuser).

The Seibon diffuser has long flexible metal tabs that fit through the upper mating slots. They need to be curved down so that you can push them all the way through the slot, otherwise the tab "points" will hit the back of the rear crash bar. Also, you'll need slightly larger diameter washers for the two screws on either end, as the supplied washers are too small.

When installing, the diffuser will need a slight push when installing the screws to get diffuser to follow the body line curve. I also had to push on the bottom of the Seibon diffuser to get the push rivets through the OEM holes.

So, yeah, a fairly straight-forward install, just a few details mentioned above will make the install much easier.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Don't get the ones from ebay. They usually do not have the top mounting tabs which makes installation 10x harder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts