Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD. Midnight Black/Monaco Red Interior/Carbon Fiber Trim
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I saw one other thread in regards to this from 2017 but for the front sensors rather then the rear and thread fizzled out without mentioning cause or solution to the problem. Had this warning pop up randomly on Friday, got to where I was going shut the car off figuring it would reset itself but when I got back in and started the vehicle it popped up immediately again and has done so every time since driving my vehicle this weekend. Took it to the dealership this morning as I’m still under warranty, had to sit and wait for it because I was told loaner cars are booked out FOUR Weeks!! No big deal, The service tech said they were going to try some sort of system reset and it should be under an hour. Well 4 hours later 😒 reset did nothing, they removed the rear bumper and said all the sensors looked fine but apparently there is some sort of “connection issue” technician is thinking it is the Blind spot monitor module. Asked if they have ever seen this issue before which they both said no not on the rear. Tech told me any sensor issues are typically on the front of the car and it’s due to a cracked or damaged sensor from perhaps a rock chip or something of that sort. There was no damage to any of my sensors or my vehicle whatsoever. Anyways part is ordered and I have an appointment to drop it off and get a loaner car at the end of the month on the 27th (soonest they had available).
Just posting this to see if anyone else has had or heard of a similar issue and also to keep all of you informed if anything similar happens to you. Will update once I take car in for repair.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Speedometer Light
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Light

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same warning but for my front sensors. I am under warranty still but unfortunately I also have a small crack in the emblem and the plastic grille below from a slow speed -30C winter ice collision.. The sensors worked for months afterwards though..and the malfunction warning randomly popped up as I was driving on the highway one day so I doubt it is related. I really don't know if its the front sensor directly behind the emblem or the parking sensors on the grille. I assume the dealer isn't going to value the warranty on a sensor realignment or replacement because of it though.. I have sourced an emblem but am unable to find a replacement grille so I can repair it myself and then take it to the dealer to have them fix the annoying sensor issues. Neither the distance keep cruise control or the standard cruise control will turn on.
Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD. Midnight Black/Monaco Red Interior/Carbon Fiber Trim
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same warning but for my front sensors. I am under warranty still but unfortunately I also have a small crack in the emblem and the plastic grille below from a slow speed -30C winter ice collision.. The sensors worked for months afterwards though..and the malfunction warning randomly popped up as I was driving on the highway one day so I doubt it is related. I really don't know if its the front sensor directly behind the emblem or the parking sensors on the grille. I assume the dealer isn't going to value the warranty on a sensor realignment or replacement because of it though.. I have sourced an emblem but am unable to find a replacement grille so I can repair it myself and then take it to the dealer to have them fix the annoying sensor issues. Neither the distance keep cruise control or the standard cruise control will turn on. View attachment 25909
Yeah that’s odd. If it worked months after the damage and randomly popped up I would assume it’s not related to the crack and similar to my situation. If you’re under warranty still I would definitely take it in to see what they say but also I’d get that grille replaced and emblem fixed first so they don’t try to automatically pass blame on that. Hmmm 🤔 haven’t checked to see if my cruise control works as I rarely ever use it but I’ll check after work. I just hate the annoying notifications that pop up Every time I get in the car. Taking it in next Friday so I’ll keep you posted on my end!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I saw one other thread in regards to this from 2017 but for the front sensors rather then the rear and thread fizzled out without mentioning cause or solution to the problem. Had this warning pop up randomly on Friday, got to where I was going shut the car off figuring it would reset itself but when I got back in and started the vehicle it popped up immediately again and has done so every time since driving my vehicle this weekend. Took it to the dealership this morning as I’m still under warranty, had to sit and wait for it because I was told loaner cars are booked out FOUR Weeks!! No big deal, The service tech said they were going to try some sort of system reset and it should be under an hour. Well 4 hours later 😒 reset did nothing, they removed the rear bumper and said all the sensors looked fine but apparently there is some sort of “connection issue” technician is thinking it is the Blind spot monitor module. Asked if they have ever seen this issue before which they both said no not on the rear. Tech told me any sensor issues are typically on the front of the car and it’s due to a cracked or damaged sensor from perhaps a rock chip or something of that sort. There was no damage to any of my sensors or my vehicle whatsoever. Anyways part is ordered and I have an appointment to drop it off and get a loaner car at the end of the month on the 27th (soonest they had available).
Just posting this to see if anyone else has had or heard of a similar issue and also to keep all of you informed if anything similar happens to you. Will update once I take car in for repair. View attachment 25876 View attachment 25877
Just posting this to see if anyone else has had or heard of a similar issue and also to keep all of you informed if anything similar happens to you. Will update once I take car in for repair. View attachment 25876 View attachment 25877
Having the exact same issue for several weeks now. Super frustrating and haven't taken to dealer yet but have yet to find a clear answer!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having the exact same issue for several weeks now. Super frustrating and haven't taken to dealer yet but have yet to find a clear answer!
Suuuuper frustrating I feel you!! Taking mine in tomorrow morning to get fixed. I’ll keep everyone updated with the outcome!

Reactions: Bevo

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im having the same issue with my 2020. Just had hail repair and they removed passager side door panel and now my Blindspot doesnt work, I have the same issue as the picture and the my led light strip doesn't turn on either.

Not sure when my serivce can look at it as we are under staffed but hoping for next week. Wonder if something just isnt connected.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im having the same issue with my 2020. Just had hail repair and they removed passager side door panel and now my Blindspot doesnt work, I have the same issue as the picture and the my led light strip doesn't turn on either.

Not sure when my serivce can look at it as we are under staffed but hoping for next week. Wonder if something just isnt connected.
You’re issue sounds like they just forgot to connect one of the plugs when they put your passenger door panel back on, especially if you’re door light strip isn’t illuminated. I know there are several different plugs within the panel so I’m sure someone just missed one for your case. Hopefully an easy fix! Also I just realized I never posted an update post for this so I’ll have that right below this reply.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE POST:

Sorry for the late reply to this but for anyone wondering or having similar issues to this I ended up taking the car in, Infiniti dealer had it for 2 days. It indeed was the blind spot monitor module as the tech had suspected as well as a faulty plug end that the unit connected to. Both were replaced and I haven’t had any issues since. He said this isn’t a common issue and they haven’t seen it often (never for the rear end of the car at my particular dealership) I guess there is a few of these modules located throughout the car to cover different areas of the vehicle. Some parts just randomly break or are faulty and I guess it was just my luck. It’s been roughly 4 months since I’ve had it repaired and haven’t had any issues since!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts